Kitchen Tips

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
To clean my glass bake ware, I spray with a store brand oven cleaner and let it set for 30 minutes. All baked on residue can be rinsed away easily and the glass dish is sparlking clean and looks new again.

DizzyDaff

Glass bakeware

Lots of times, that "gunk" on glass pans will come off easily if the pan is left to sit full of water & one bounce sheet overnight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've never tried that Dizzy but a can of store brand oven spray is a dollar!!! Those drier sheets are expensive. Then also, you have 30 minutes compared to overnight and the outside of the dish can be cleaned as well. I use oven spray in the microwave too and on the outside of some pots, depending on the outside coating. My plastic dish drain gets a spray too.

Dor

I will get a $ brand just for this purpose and save my used ones from now on. I do put them under the seat of my van.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's a deodorizer Randy! You can also put a sheet in your return for the A/C to give a fresh scent to the home.
I've also heard that to tuck a dryer sheet into a belt loop or pocket will keep mosquitoes away in the pest season.

plantlover

Lots of times, that "gunk" on glass pans will come off easily if the pan is left to sit full of water & one bounce sheet overnight.

Used fabric softener sheets are GREAT for other purposes, too. Use a used dryer sheet to clean the screen on your computer or the screen on your television.

Use used fabric softener sheets to clean the leaves of your plants. By this time, any chemical is gone and all you are using is the electrostatic goodies.

Use the used sheets to control static cling on clothing.

If they still smell good, put a sheet in your drawers to keep your clothes smelling fresh. Put a sheet in your sneakers to keep them from really smelling bad. Use them to shine chrome like the faucets on your sinks. Use the used sheets to take gunk off your shower tile and leave it shiny clean.

Annette99

instead of buying clorox clean up or and cleaner with bleach for the kitchen or bathroom, to the empty spray bottles add 1/2 cup bleach and 1 tablespoon liquid dish soap and fill it up with water, works just as good as any of the pre-mixed cleaners with bleach and is really cheap to make.

swindy

Annette I do that with the empty bottles. Bleach is cheap but when they slap another name on it the price goes up.

curbhopper

Well, you guys are FULL of awesome ideas. I just discovered this while making deviled eggs a few minutes ago. For years, they yolks have been moving all over the place to get smashed. 'Brilliant' here, turned all the yolks over to hte flat side and nobody 'ran away anywhere'. And the guy in front of me at the grocery store told me this after I asked if he liked the Bisquick Shake 'n Pour in this cute little yellow container. He said,"I am a real chef but there are SOME things I cut corners on....pancakes is one. (Now listen to this idea) There's a line on hte side of the container and you're SUPPOSED to fill to that line with water. (A) he uses milk to a LITTLE BELOW that line and then he fills to the line with....maple syrup ! Shake and cook. Then the syrup is IN the PANCAKE! I'm giong to try it. Curbie :) (Now I have to go back to the store to get oven cleaner :) )

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cool tip Curbie, wonder if that's how McDonalds makes those McGriddle biscuits? They have the syrup already added too.

Kya D

Curbie I never have a problem with deviled eggs cuz I learned that if you squish the yolks between your fingers it crumbles them up very nicely
I also put the filling in a zip type plastic bag and cut a corner off of the bag then squeeze the filling into the whites like a cake decorator then there is no clean up either just throw the baggie away

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com