What’s your favorite vegetable to plant?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

I’ll start things off and I suspect this will be a lot of people’s answer.

I like to plant tomatoes. They’re easy to grow and home grown tomatoes taste far better than the store bought type that have to be picked early and are chosen for their ability to withstand handling.

My garden space is somewhat limited and when I did have a full size garden, it was an all you can eat buffet for rabbits and slugs. So I use containers and wire cages for support.

I prefer cherry tomatoes for a couple reasons. They don’t have the problem of breaking branches like the big guys. Also there’s a lot more of them so you can enjoy them more often, pick a few for your salad every day or two.

While i love tomatoes, but look at these peppers i just picked! Along with wax and green beans, cucumbers, and minorican tomatoes.
I have been pickling and canning every day since last Sunday too. But I've given most of them away.

20200520_175409.jpg
20200516_153741.jpg
20200516_153710.jpg
20200430_143632.jpg
15900130487581423509908635751820.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
While i love tomatoes, but look at these peppers i just picked! Along with wax and green beans, cucumbers, and minorican tomatoes.
I have been pickling and canning every day since last Sunday too. But I've given most of them away.

Lovely photos, such vibrant colors!

So you canned (even though it's jars) some peppers? Does that mean you've picked a peck of pickled peppers? Exactly what is a peck?

Also, just who created a children's rhyme that can get rather obscene with the slip of your tongue.

Last edited:
Okay not the best picture LOL but, you have to realize that I just interval ran 4 miles. I've been watching this tomato, and was so afraid that either the birds or the blister beetles were going to get it so I cut it early this morning. It fills up but both of my hands and it probably weighs 2 lb

Attachments

• b8g1CARy-88353517.jpg
    b8g1CARy-88353517.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 181
  • QYv6jiCZ-88353842.jpg
    QYv6jiCZ-88353842.jpg
    431.9 KB · Views: 180

View attachment 17643View attachment 17644View attachment 17645View attachment 17646View attachment 17647
Oh man I wanna do what you got going .any pointers..just wow. I'm looking to be self-sufficient within 5 years and I'm talking about chicken coops for meat and eggs and a full-on 30 ft by 15 ft building that I have on my property that's going to be all hydroponic vegetable growing but what I see that you have right here is exactly the direction I want to go

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back