Variegated Rhodochiton?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Everett

I work at a nursery in BC Canada, and we have 2.5" annual basket stuffers. While organizing the racks I noticed that one of the rhodochitons had what appear to be variegated leaves. It did not appear to be a result of nutrient deficiency or fungal issues, but I also couldn't find anything online about variegated rhodochitons. I gave it to a coworker who's promised to save some seeds and see if any grow with the same result next year.
Has anyone ever encountered this or something similar?

Attachments

• 20210501_155321.jpg
    20210501_155321.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 180
  • 20210501_155310.jpg
    20210501_155310.jpg
    328.3 KB · Views: 179
Hello Everett.
Could be a natural mutation, a lack of of a nutrient in the soil, or a minor bacterial/fungal infection....
Check the underside of the leaves...could also be a type of spider mite, or tiny sucking insect. You will need a magnifying glass for close inspection.
It may correct itself on newer foliage as it grows.

Hello Everett.
Could be a natural mutation, a lack of of a nutrient in the soil, or a minor bacterial/fungal infection....
Check the underside of the leaves...could also be a type of spider mite, or tiny sucking insect. You will need a magnifying glass for close inspection.
It may correct itself on newer foliage as it grows.
I had inspected the leaves to check for insects before giving it to my coworker and I didn't see anything. We'll see how it grows!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back