Plant identification?

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Everett

Had an ID request the other day for a shrub she found in a garden bed in a parking lot. The customer thinks it's a hoya, but there's no way you could plant those outside all year long here. The shrub is a couple feet tall and compact. The leaves are also fairly small, she provided a photo of a branch. We live in the Pacific Northwest, any ideas? Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• 20210510_143358.jpg
    20210510_143358.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 176
Interesting!
Definitely not a hoya.
If this plant flowers, I'd love to see a close up of the flower....
Reminds me of a type of ornamental sweet potato....
Looks more like a vining plant rather then a shrub.....a photo of the whole plant would be helpful.
Did an extensive search on waxy leaf vines with no match ups.....might be a local native species...

Interesting!
Definitely not a hoya.
If this plant flowers, I'd love to see a close up of the flower....
Reminds me of a type of ornamental sweet potato....
Looks more like a vining plant rather then a shrub.....a photo of the whole plant would be helpful.
Did an extensive search on waxy leaf vines with no match ups.....might be a local native species...
She insisted it was a rounded shrub, but who knows. You can see some small flowers coming up on some leaf nodes in the photo, I'm almost wondering if it's an unusual variety of boxwood? The opposite leaves, shrub description, flowers at the nodes match, but I've never encountered one with cordate leaves like that?

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back