I'm afraid something bad may happen.

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

BFFQC

What is this plant growing in my backyard?

I have some tomato plants beside it and I tried throwing in some cantaloupe seeds but that is not a cantaloupe.

I am wondering if I should pull it up or leave it and see if something good comes from it. I don't want it to develop into something spooky.

attachment.jpg

Kya D

I think it looks like a sunflower to me too. You could let it bloom and if it turns out to be something else you still have time to get rid of it before it seeds.

Gloria

Super Moderator
Staff member
Curiousity would make me leave it there till I see what it produces. Sure is a nice big plant.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm with Karen, I was going to say sunflower also. I would leave it and see what happens.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
yes...it will grow a wonderful face...A sunflower face...I am betting it is a mamoth russian

Jules

I love this forum....this is just one of the many reasons why this forum is the greatest....where else could you go and get this kind of feedback so quickly!! Thanks Bob....this is the greatest place to be!

Bernie

woodstock you crack me up!

I think it's a sunflower too. I love those gifts from the angels. When I went to harvest my cukes a few weeks ago I noticed this perfectly round dark green fussy ball on the vine. I’d never seen anything like it before so out of curiosity I let it be. A few days later I realized there were some odd shaped leaves on my cuke vine. And the green ball was getting bigger and lighter in color. Today I realized it’s a cantaloupe! Somehow a seed from the compost managed to grow up with the cukes just to puzzle me.

K

Kale

BFFQC...We are waiting for the results*LOL Any bloom?

Leaves seem very smooth and tropical.

Kale

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com