Container gardener from Singapore

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Hi all, I am new to this forum, not sure how a humble container gardener can fit in. Anyone skyrise gardeners here? :)

orchids, gesneriads and some other plants share my living space on a 16th floor apartment, central of Singapore. Still pretty much a newbie, lots to learn from all the experts here. Hope to know more people, exchange ideas and share some knowledge :D

Below is a link to some pictures of my plant collection so far:

http://thislushgardenwithin.wordpress.com/

Lush

lynpenny

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi Lush beautiful pictures. hop in I used to garden in containers and still have many but moved from my apartment into a house now. I like the dirt better sometimes.

Kya D

Hi Lush and a warm WELCOME to you
My goodness the orchids (on the link) are Beautiful

Hi Lush beautiful pictures. hop in I used to garden in containers and still have many but moved from my apartment into a house now. I like the dirt better sometimes.

Hi Lyn, isn't it wonderful to have a house to work on those plants! You can practically grow anything. Thanks for the note and comments on the pictures. Hope to exchange ideas and knowledge with everyone here :)

Hi Lush and a warm WELCOME to you
My goodness the orchids (on the link) are Beautiful

Hi Kya, thank you so much for such a warm welcome :) Am starting to read through the threads to understand more about the community of gardeners here. Glad you think the orchids are beautiful, they are not considered difficult to grow here in our climate. Most can be bought easily around our island. Am looking forward to sharing the joy of gardening with everyone here.

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
hello and Welcome to the place...have a few containers..but not any thing fancy...you will be a welcome addition with your knowlege...Look forward to seeing you around the place

hello and Welcome to the place...have a few containers..but not any thing fancy...you will be a welcome addition with your knowlege...Look forward to seeing you around the place

Thank you :) for welcoming me into this community... it's like being transplanted into a new neighbourhood... haha! takes a bit of time to acclimatise... but it'll be fun!

Flower4Yeshua

Super Moderator & vegemm
Staff member
it is kinda like that .....this really is a place fillled with great people...who love to garden and enjoy life...so you have come to the right neighborhood :0)

Virginia

LOVELY photos

I especially love this one: ionopsis utricularioides--the white one in the hanging basket. Beautiful! Can you send along any tips on cultivation? I do a lot of container gardening, but I don't know much about orchids.

I'd love to trade ideas, whenever . . . :)

Virignia

Last edited by a moderator:

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com