Dumb Instructions...

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Bluewolf

"Warning: May contain nuts." -- On a package of peanuts.

"Do not eat." -- On a slip of paper in a stereo box, referring to the styrofoam packing.

"Access hole only -- not intended for use in lifting box." -- On the sides of a shipping carton, just above cut-out openings which one would assume were handholds.

"Warning: May cause drowsiness." -- On a bottle of Nytol, a brand of sleeping pills.

"Warning: Misuse may cause injury or death." -- Stamped on the metal barrel of a .22 calibre rifle.

"Do not use orally after using rectally." -- In the instructions for an electric thermometer.

"Turn off motor before using this product." -- On the packaging for a chain saw file, used to sharpen the cutting teeth on the chain.

"Not to be used as a personal flotation device." -- On a 6x10 inch inflatable picture frame.

"Do not put in mouth." -- On a box of bottle rockets.

"Please remove before driving." -- On the back of a cardboard windshield (for keeping the car from getting too hot when parked).

"Remove plastic before eating." -- On the wrapper of a Fruit Roll-Up snack.

"Not dishwasher safe." -- On a remote control for a TV.

"For lifting purposes only." -- On the box for a car jack.

"Do not put lit candles on phone." -- On the instructions for a cordless phone.

"Warning! This is not underwear! Do not attempt to put in pants." -- On the packaging for a wristwatch.

"Do not recharge, put in backwards, or use." -- On a battery.

:eek:

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
They are funny, but unfortunately, they have to put those warnings on the packages. If they don't, some idiot would have grounds to sue and our court system would grant some amount of money and reward the idiot for stupidity.

Bluewolf

They are funny, but unfortunately, they have to put those warnings on the packages. If they don't, some idiot would have grounds to sue and our court system would grant some amount of money and reward the idiot for stupidity.

Actually the reason alot of these are in effect is because some "nimrod"
did the very same things and was able to sue....

Remember the gal with the hot coffee from McDonalds?????
and the second suit against them was because the "instructions" wern't in Spanish.....

Kya D

I swear we are such a sue happy country. No wonder the companies feel so compelled to put these stupid warnings in and on everything.

PRH

I have instructions memorized these days as once you read 1,you almost have everyone down patt!! :p

* several years ago,I bought a toy for my now 29 yr.old niece. It was a water game of some sort,but I remember reading on the box that the water was not included with the purchase! ( I should have went back and demanded the water ) :D:D:D

- just alittle puzzling thought! -

Last edited:

Randy

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's pretty funny. I knew about the gal that was stupid enough to spill coffee on herself, but I wasn't aware of the second suit. I know I would make a lousy judge though, because I think when people are that stupid, they should not be allowed out of their house.

Bluewolf

That's pretty funny. I knew about the gal that was stupid enough to spill coffee on herself, but I wasn't aware of the second suit. I know I would make a lousy judge though, because I think when people are that stupid, they should not be allowed out of their house.

Yep me neither....

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com