Lemon Tree Seeds

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GPM

My Dwarf Lemon tree just produced a "Fist" sized lemon. Quite tasty I might say too. I'm saving the seeds to dry them out. Will they work is another question ?

I have planted tangerines, grapefruit, lemon and lime from seed! They all did quite well! I just planted them fresh, in jungle grow soil, covered them ( to keep humid) and kept them warm until they sprouted!
I have 2- 5' lemon trees I grew from seed.
HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Dwarf Lemon tree just produced a "Fist" sized lemon. Quite tasty I might say too. I'm saving the seeds to dry them out. Will they work is another question ?

Awww Thank You Kya, believe me I was very suprised and so excited!
Cant wait for the first fruit! They say 3 years from seed to fruit?

I suggest keeping the seeds moist and not dying them out. Fresh seeds can be keep in your refrigerator crisper. for up to 3 months. Clean seeds before storing. If you wish to plant seeds, soak in warm water 12-24 hours an the plant seeds that sink to the bottom. Do not let them dry out.

I sure would try!
I just put the lemon seed in soil and it grew in a few to several months.
I had it on the window facing East.Transplanted once into a larger pot.
It lived (I think it was 2years; someone here may remember) until this past fall when a freeze came; I accidentally sadly, left it outside :(

The seed was directly sowed indoors in a small pot before I drank the water *lol

Have fun, please share what you do!
Was it a bought fruit tree? How old is it?

Kale:)

I started many from seeds back in California...I would not dry them out either...just pot them up as Treva said...follow her directions and you should be good to go..

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back