Pepper Seeds I have on hand

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Blueaussi

These are what I have on hand. I'm not going to grow all of these, some I've grown before and wasn't too crazy about, some were freebies, some came in trades. I will also be ordering some varieties that I want but don't have seeds for, that I have to order plants to get.

Yes, I know, I have a problem.

Sweet Pepper Seeds

1.Pimento-L
2.Pimento Yellow Cheese Sweet
3.Sweet Banana
4.Tolli's Sweet Italian
5.Sheepnose Pimento
6.Corno Di Toro Rosso
7.Corno Di Toro Giallo
8.Fruit Basket
9.Redskin
10.Mohawk
11.Lemme's Italian
12.Criolla (sweet)
13.White Lakes Pepper
14.Coban Red Pimiento Pepper
15.Garden Sunshine
16.Golden Treasure

Chile Peppper Seeds

1. Habanero Adalberto
2. Aji Rojo
3. Tomato Pepper
4. Hawaiian Sweet Hot
5. Brazilian Pumpkin
6. Heartthrob
7. Earbob
8. Polumbo
9. Aji De la Tierra
10. Limon Grande
11. Guyana
12. Aji Angelo
13. Kaleidoscope
16. Aji Colorado
17. Crolla Sella
18. Maraba
19. Cumari ou Passarinho
20. Congo Brown
21' Hidalgo
22. Alma Paprika
23. Fish
24. Corno Di Holy Krap
25. Piment 'D Espelette
26. Grenidad Seasoning
27. Tabago Scotch Bonnet
28. Bishop's Crown
29. Nepalese Bell
30. Aji Panca
31. Almapaprika

Spider, usually I only plant the basic peppers too. Last year I tried a couple of "new to me" varieties but had a disasterous growing season and didn't have much luck. I want to try again this Spring. I did make enough of the Fooled You Jalapenos to know that I don't care for those.
I just recieved my new catolog from Tomato Growers. They have such a huge selection of pepper and tomato seeds, it's hard to make a small list and stick to it.

It depends. Some I only have a few of, and I'll want to hang on to them. If there's one you want, and I have any extra, I'll be glad to share, though.

Actually, the Bhut Jolokia is the current record holder for World's Hottest Pepper. The Naga Morich is a closely related variety that is as hot if not hotter. The Dorset Naga is a strain of Naga Morich. The Trinidad Scorpion and a few other peppers out of Trinidad are also in that mega hot range.

I've grown most of them, but they're just too hot for me to do much with, I don't enjoy that kind of heat.

Oh, and I'd be suspicious of a catalog that can't even get the name correct.

Oh, and I'd be suspicious of a catalog that can't even get the name correct.

The same pepper goes by both names. so Naga Jolokia and Bhut Jolokia are both correct, there are a few others it is called, but most cannot be pronounced due to shortness of breath extreme pain and profuse sweating. :D

OK Blue this one is my fav... only cuz of the name.

24. Corno Di Holy Krap

That came in a seed trade. the guy who sent it to me said it was supposed to be a sweet Corno Do Toro pepper, and it must have been cross pollinated, because the first time he bit into one...holy crap!

The same pepper goes by both names. so Naga Jolokia and Bhut Jolokia are both correct, there are a few others it is called, but most cannot be pronounced due to shortness of breath extreme pain and profuse sweating. :D

* puts on pedant hat*

The correct name is Bhut Jolokia. If it's being called Naga Jolokia, it's being called that incorrectly. There was a pepper on the market a few years back called a Naga Jolokia that a lot of unscrupulous or ignorant sorts tried to pass off as the hottest pepper in the world, but it wasn't even a C chinense, it was actually a C.frutescens, if I remember correctly.

* takes off pedant hat*

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back