Hummer

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

Spider_Lily

I saw my first Hummer Sunday afternoon.It was around the wisteria and then hovered over the feeder.Then in a flash it was gone.:)

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I actually had a visit from one on Friday afternoon. I always hang feeders around the deck and as lazy as I am just had not gotten them out yet. Well I got buzzed and then he came and looked me in the eye as if to say "i'm here already , feed me" So I immediately went and got my feeders and put them out. Maybe he will thank me with some good pictures this year.

Jade

I put up my feeders today, I checked on the hummer migration site and they have been spotted in PA and I don't want to miss them. They are so fun to have around and the kitties get great enjoyment from them too.

Spider_Lily

I actually had a visit from one on Friday afternoon. I always hang feeders around the deck and as lazy as I am just had not gotten them out yet. Well I got buzzed and then he came and looked me in the eye as if to say "i'm here already , feed me" So I immediately went and got my feeders and put them out. Maybe he will thank me with some good pictures this year.
So the starved to death little thing left Fl and came AL.I was proud to have it visit but must have left me too.

oma2

I have had several sporatic hummers coming to drink the nectar. Today one was supping quite awhile.

Maggie

I saw my first one this year today. I had feeders out but he went to the empty one and them just flew of. i haven't seen him since.

Kya D

We always get hummers at work about 2 weeks before I get them here at the house. So far no hummers at work

Maggie

He came back for his dinner, in-between snacks and supper. He has gone to bed now. Maybe there will be more visitors tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Crabbergirl

Super Moderator
Staff member
I put up my feeders today, I checked on the hummer migration site and they have been spotted in PA and I don't want to miss them. They are so fun to have around and the kitties get great enjoyment from them too.

Can you post the link to the site. I would love to check it out

Jade

Hang on, let me find it. If you go to hummingbirdmigration.net it will bring up their home page and then you can look at the maps.

Jade

Also, journeynorth.org will send you many updates on migration of all kinds of things from monarchs to all different kinds of birds.

oma2

Those are great sites. Thanks for sharing. My favorite is the journeynorth.org.

Last edited:

GardenBear1

we still have to wait for a while before we see them this far north, I think its still to cold for them here in New England, I'll wait for them, I'll be putting up feeders this week end just in case the show up early.

Mainegal

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw on the map Bear that they have been spotted close to NH/Maine so going to put mine up this weekend. We had a frost last night and brrrrr this am but suppose to get in the 60's later today

Kya D

last year

we get tons of those darling lil hummers but none so far this year.
here is a pic from last year. We gat mostly broad-tails, black-chinned, and rufus

Attachments

• dawn pics 2009 074.jpg
    dawn pics 2009 074.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 290

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com