Unusual Pear tree fruit growth

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

GPM

Just my luck, I think I've gotten two more trees from Arbor Day that were not what they described. One was supposed to be a Bartlett and the other an Orient Pear tree. Both flowered pretty good this year and some have fruit except that the fruit is pea sized. Most other pear trees are quarter sized fruit. Did they screw me over again with fake fruit trees ? I believe they sent me two Cleveland Pear trees. Should the fruit be looking like pears now since they've been there for a month ?

Just my luck, I think I've gotten two more trees from Arbor Day that were not what they described. One was supposed to be a Bartlett and the other an Orient Pear tree. Both flowered pretty good this year and some have fruit except that the fruit is pea sized. Most other pear trees are quarter sized fruit. Did they screw me over again with fake fruit trees ? I believe they sent me two Cleveland Pear trees. Should the fruit be looking like pears now since they've been there for a month ?

Sound's like you got the Bradford Pear tree.They make the marble size fruit.Their beautiful tree's in the Spring.I bought three rose's and none of them are what they suppose to be.I was mad because they were'nt what I wanted but turned out to be beautiful rose's.

Wouldn't you know. By the time it sets fruit, they're long gone. Now I have to go buy larger pear trees in a root ball to make up for those lost years. That's a sham and a shame.

Now I have to find new homes for them. That's too bad. Both are about 8' round and 15' tall. 4-5" trunks. Nothing to dig up with my backhoe.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back