Photo Needed

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to promote our new recipe section, so I'm looking for a nice photo of a dinner, preferably a holiday dinner like Turkey or Ham etc.

The photo will be used fairly small, as part of a banner promo, so it needs to be reasonably clear what the subject is. If you have something that might work, and are wiling to let me use it for a promo, please post it here!

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Don't feel bad Kya. I'm a photographer. I have around 100,000 images. Believe it or not, I don't have one handy either...

curbhopper

Well, here's a turkey ~ or two :) Curbie (Are you really a photographer ~ by trade? ? ?)

Attachments

• cropped for GG.jpg
    cropped for GG.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 359
  • Thanksgiving 2009-3 (2)  EM.jpg
    Thanksgiving 2009-3 (2) EM.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 367
  • birhtday 92 010.jpg
    birhtday 92 010.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 380

curbhopper

I also found these but I don't know if it's something you could use. ~ Curbie

Attachments

• Picturefrom Julie 188.jpg
    Picturefrom Julie 188.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 364
  • Picturefrom Julie 189.gif
    Picturefrom Julie 189.gif
    7.4 KB · Views: 320
  • Picturefrom Julie 190.gif
    Picturefrom Julie 190.gif
    7 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:

Bluewolf

I take pixs of things I fix..but nothing that has a "theme"
and I am very nontraditional..(I have pizza for Thanksgiving and Chinese food for Christmas)

So don't think any of those would work (unless you wanted a "weirdo" thread) ;)

sorry :eek:

curbhopper

OMGosh :) You and I just MAY have started a 'weirdo thread' ~ No, Bob, we're not undermining this great thread but I od have the hiccups :) ~ Curbie

RonsGarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now that is something I would never think about taking a photo of! ~turkey~ ham ~ roast beef..... That is something that would need to be 'staged' in order to get a good photo!!

shadylane5acres

Nice table setting Randy,
Bob you have done a nice job putting the recipes in place, I see now why members are saying your a real neat guy:) Seriously, they are in nice order.

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Will this one work?

Wow... That's a really nice photo, and it's a nice meal too!

I didn't see it before I created the ad, but it probably wouldn't have worked anyway, since it's vertical and I wanted something horizontal for the banner. But that's the only reason, it's a great shot!

bob

Administrator
Staff member
Well, here's a turkey ~ or two :) Curbie (Are you really a photographer ~ by trade? ? ?)

Curbie, I am a freelance photographer, though it's not my main source of income. I have several jobs, all of which I combine to make a living. The largest chunk comes from the project engineering work I do for a railroad contractor, estimating, submittals, quality control etc.

The photography is starting to become an actual source of income, after being a hobby for a long time, though it's still got a long way to go.

Just to fluff up my ego, I had some photos published in the Seattle Times today. ;)
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/outdoors/2013334523_nwwtrains04.html?cmpid=2628

Here's a link to my webpage:
http://www.bobharbison.com/

My gallery is here:
http://www.bobharbison.com/gallery/

To be honest, it needs updating and more photos, I'm always busy on my other sites, never seem to get around to that one. :)

Last edited:

Bluewolf

Now that is something I would never think about taking a photo of! ~turkey~ ham ~ roast beef..... That is something that would need to be 'staged' in order to get a good photo!!

Just make sure you use a "stunt" turkey!!! LOL
They have the perfect looks ;)

bob

Administrator
Staff member
So... Randy, how much do you charge to cater Thanksgiving dinner?

shadylane5acres

Bob the turkey looks inviting..
Your photo gallery is very nice, love the city photo, and Japanese garden.
Found the site of actor Dennis Hopper's photo gallery, he too was quite good.

curbhopper

I do believe, we need to show up at Randy's for the day after Thanksgiving (can't interfere with his 'Day') I'm happy with leftovers! FIELD TRIP ! This is really interesting to me, Bob and I have looked into this. I would like to 'talk with you' about marketing photos b/c ...... b/c..... :) Photo looks great, Randy. oh...Blue...what to do... :) I think most of us are SO busy cooking and presenting, that we don't have time to snap shots. Crubs

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com