Recent content by Acacius48

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Acacius48

Bought New Succulents today

Thank you so much Swindy and Bernie! Swindy thanks for the suggestion with the terra cotta pot saucer! :) I hadn't thought about that! Sincerely, Vanessa
  2. Acacius48

Bright True Orange Rose

Kale, Your arrangements were so beautiful! And I bet they smelled heavenly too. I am so sorry to hear about how you found them. It is such a shame that they didn't take good care of them! Don't worry that garden center... next time you do your arrangements maybe you could sell at the farmers...
  3. Acacius48

Bright True Orange Rose

Gardenbear thank you so much for the link! I am browsing around it now... got to wipe up my drool. hehe. The prices are really good! Were you happy with the orders you placed with them in the past?
  4. Acacius48

My new baby!

Hi RR! Congratulations on your new baby! I have never seen a variegated jade before and it is beautiful! And it will get pink with more light?? Even better! hehe. :) Sincerely, Vanessa
  5. Acacius48

Bright True Orange Rose

Ohh... that is a pretty arrangement! You made it? You did an awesome job! :)The orange rose in it does look a lot like the one I got. I would love to hear updates on rooting your cut roses! I have tried to root a couple of times with out success... but I think know what I was doing wrong (at...
  6. Acacius48

Bright True Orange Rose

Thank you Kya! wow that is another pretty one. Hehe. Another to add to the list! Sincerely, Vanessa A bigger picture of the cut flower... mmm.. I can almost still smell it! Haha
  7. Acacius48

Thanks for the suggestion Dale... I do find that I find really cool pots from yard sales and craigslist too. :) Or even better free planters on freecycle! hehe. Here is a pic of my new babies:
  8. Acacius48

Thank you so much everyone for the advice! Yeah I went around town looking for a shallow terra cotta or even maybe an alternative shallow pot... but I didnt have any luck. Shallow pots are always important with succulents but especially because they are tiny little guys. As for the soil... I...
  9. Acacius48

edited to say that the houseplants are usually the ones labelled "tropical foliage" keep moist bright light.... for every thing. With no name at all. The garden plants are usually good about labeling what they are at least.
  10. Acacius48

I went to Home Depot today and found some really neat succulents in 2.5 in-3.5 inch pots. I am excited to plant them in a mix container together. I am just trying to figure out what container to plant them in. I have an empty bonsai pot that I can plant it in... it is a bit small though and...
  11. Acacius48

Bright True Orange Rose

Hi Kale! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful pictures and info. I really like the Tropicana. Wow that is interesting how the Pink Peace produces such different blooms! Haha. It has a mind of its own... or many minds! hehe. I am wondering what the orange rose I bought from the...
  12. Acacius48

Bright True Orange Rose

Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions! Have you guys ever grown roses in a containers? I am very curious if anyone has experience with container growing roses. I do have one in a container ... it is a no id yellow miniature so far so good. It is really weird though when I bought it was...
  13. Acacius48

Who Grows Berries/Fruit

Dor I am growing strawberries from seeds for the first time too ! The seeds are just starting to sprout now, they are alpine. Mine will be small fruit but I hear they are tastey. I will have mine in containers too... I would love to hear some good pointers. :) I had gotten cuttings from...
  14. Acacius48

Bright True Orange Rose

Hello everyone! I was just curious of anyone knows or is growing a true orange rose bush. I see those beautiful bright neon orange cut roses at the flower shops but never really seen a rose bush with those flowers in person. My profile picture is a picture of a cut orange rose I got... it was...
  15. Acacius48

Zinnia

Those purple Zinnia are beautiful! I would also love to see a picture when they start blooming. I am pretty excited for some zinnias seeds I bought. They are the scabious mix: http://www.backyardgardener.com/seeds/product08/1789.html So far three have flowered and they are regular single...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back