Recent content by amberdawn723

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. amberdawn723

What bugs are eating my Sweet Potato Vine?

Well I finally managed to check my sweet potato vines out at night....and no slugs or snails or any evidence of their existence. But lots of pill bugs, some ants, and a cockroach were amongst the vines. When we bought this house back in August of last year we had a cockroach infestation and...
  2. amberdawn723

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I completely meant to check them last night to see if I could catch the critters in action, but totally forgot about by the time it got dark. Hopefully I'll catch them tonight. Here's a few photos just to show what I'm dealing with:
  3. amberdawn723

I bought 4 ornamental sweet potato vines and over the last 2 weeks they have become the meal of some bugs! It's driving me mad!:mad: Almost all of the leaves are full of holes and many are also missing huge chunks! Some leaves have been eaten so much that they are practically gone now. The only...
  4. amberdawn723

Tree for our backyard?

Wow! Small world. I love it here but I'm probably biased since I have lived here for the last 15 years. Also lived in Ardmore for abt 2 years when I was a toddler/preschool age.
  5. amberdawn723

Tree for our backyard?

Those Natchez Crape Myrtle is beautiful! Also considering some small maples but I'm not too sure any of the nurseries around here will have them. Do you think it is still early enough in the season to plant a tree or should we just wait til Autumn?
  6. amberdawn723

Tree for our backyard?

Considering a Muskogee Crape Myrtle. Anyone have experience with these. They grow all over the place here in Southern Oklahoma....but I don't see this particular color very often. Is a fast grower.....After doing more research I actually don't want a "somewhat tall" tree afterall. Apparently I...
  7. amberdawn723

Tree for our backyard?

Thanks for the ideas! Decided to try and ID the three trees that surround my house and have learned what they are. The tree to the west in the neighbors yard is a Texas Ash. Really quite nice looking but has been trimmed to prevent it from rubbing on both of our roofs. The tree to the east in...
  8. amberdawn723

My new little flower garden

Spider_Lily- Yes, my daughter is 3 and she totally loves the flowers! She loved playing in the mud when I was preparing the beds. Silly girl!
  9. amberdawn723

Tree for our backyard?

My husband and I bought our first home last year and we have no trees in the backyard and a fairly large older one in the front yard close to the street as well as a tree on both sides of the house in the neighboring yards that provide shade to the sides of the house. We really would like to...
  10. amberdawn723

My new little flower garden

Thought I'd just share some photos of my garden for you all to see! I really feel like I have no clue what I'm doing, but I'm enjoying every minute it! Front of the house at an angle Tulips and Daffodils when they were blooming Sweet Potato Vine in the porch bed (can't wait til it's all...
  11. amberdawn723

Transplant shock

I agree Kya D... It doesn't really look all that bad. FX'd that it gets better looking with time. Thanks! I'll do that Scarez. I have a feeling that the trunk (or whatever! lol) is going to take some abuse just due to exposure...sunlight, water, wind...etc etc.
  12. amberdawn723

Zone 7a Newbie

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
  13. amberdawn723

Transplant shock

Thanks! It looked really good and smelled sooooo fragrant when I bought it (that's what really made me purchase it!). I don't think it's bad enough to take back yet though. TBH it looks better now that it's been pruned (I think anyways!). Will new growth and blooms come this year though? I feel...
  14. amberdawn723

Transplant shock

Hi all! I'm new here.... About 2 weeks ago I planted my first rose anything. It's a Sunflare Tree Rose. Having not done my homework (I'm a new gardener) I pulled the plant out of the pot and the roots completely fell off. I attempted to pour the roots into the hole with the exposed root cane(?)...
  15. amberdawn723

Zone 7a Newbie

Hi everyone! My husband and I bought our first home last August so this spring I finally have my very own flower garden! I am completely new to gardening other than helping plant some flowers at my mom's over the years. I have found that I really enjoy gardening.....it's such a feeling of...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back