Recent content by Cooky

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. C

Wildlife Gardening Pros And Cons

two things that deer will not eat are Canna Flowers. I actually have seen them nibble the leaves and then spit them out LOL but only buy one package as the multiply fasted than rabbits. in a year or tow you will be giving them to neighbors lol but they are talk enough to make a nice shield...
  2. C

What's the weather in your area? 2023 Edition

yesterday and today the temperatures hit 50s snow running away!!!!! some grass even showing. no temps lower than 40 this week. could we have turned the corner to spring????
  3. C

planting seeds

So has anyone succumb to planning seeds yet. I have to hold off, as I have little space for them and our last frost date is May 12th. But is started so me broccoli seeds to sprout for salads
  4. C

Fig Bush

We had a couple that got nice figs. If you live in the north you need Hardy ones. Plant them on the side of the house that gets all day sun. But close to the house for warmth. We put them by a brick wall so the heat radiated back out at night. You have to protect them from the winter. Wrap them...
  5. C

Got 4-6 today but it was snow then freezing rain then sleet then more snow. The roads are really bad. But not going ANYWHERE And even with all that we got 31 eggs from our chickens!!!!
  6. C

We have had 52 inches of snow so far this winter. We are getting another 4 inches today

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back