Recent content by errol

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. errol

soiless mix

Hi Crabbergirl, the eggshell sounds great for starting seed. thanks for the suggestion! Christmas is only a week away, so have a merry Christmas !! Errol
  2. errol

soiless mix

thanks Ron. there is very little lime and gypsum in the mix. I used this back in the spring and summer in a square foot garden and it did really well. I just didn't know about WS, since this will be my 1st yr for that. I have alot of gallon milk and water jugs and no telling how many 2 liter...
  3. errol

soiless mix

I am planning on trying winter sowing this winter. would a soiless mix consisting of peat, vermiculite, perilite, gypsum, lime, and wetting agent be ok for winter sowing seed? thanks Errol
  4. errol

mexican petunia

thanks crabbergirl, I cut the bush back, then mulch them with 4 inches of straw and leaves.
  5. errol

Show us your Autumn 2011 flowers!

Maggie, your garden is beautiful with all the nice colors! I agree with Ron about the tours. Errol
  6. errol

mexican petunia

thanks Maggie, I will mine today . I acquired the mexican petunia from the fall middle tn plant swap, and didn't know, but I figured maybe it should be cut back. thanks again Errol
  7. errol

mexican petunia

I have a mexican petunia that is about 4 ft tall, should I cut this back low to the ground for the winter? thanka Errol
  8. errol

need to know what this one is

Thank you handygardener. I will research the Wedelia species. now I have something to go on Errol
  9. errol

need to know what this one is

A lady friend of mine gave me the seed for this flower in the fall of 2010. I sowed it that fall. But she did not know the name of it. and of course I don't either. If anyone could help..the flowers are yellow and about 1 inch across and about 12 to 14 inches tall. they started blooming back in...
  10. errol

need idenfication on these

thanks everyone! i sure do want to thank all of you for the help. I'm trying to make markers for all my flower beds on plants that I am not that familar with. You know I believe when I was in school I ran my teachers crazy with all the questions!! lol So if I ask too many questions here, just...
  11. errol

need idenfication on these

I have a vine that is now about 16 ft long, I thought it was a sweetpea vine, the other is a ground cover, I have it growing in a hollow log and between rocks thanks Errol:confused:
  12. errol

growing huge huge garden mums

Kya D, these mums the guy had were 3 ft across and almost 3 ft tall. he said he had them at his home that were 4-5 feet across and over 4 feet tall. He said he and a friend grew the giants for showing. I never seen a mum that big!! Errol
  13. errol

Anyone ever built a PVC

Kya D, I was looking at some a couple weeks ago and found this that I saved on my favorites, sounds like what you might be wanting. http://www.albertahomegardening.com/how-to-build-an-inexpensive-hoop-style-greenhouse/ Errol
  14. errol

Ron, you always come through!! thank you, and I can make manure tea. I'll give them a dose. Want to let you know about the 2 knockout rose bushes you helped me with. One is full of roses, the other was in question, and I had cut it down to about 14 to 16 inches from the ground. But now it has...
  15. errol

I was at the local flea market yesterday and a guy there had huge and I mean biggg huge mums!! they were beautiful. I ask him how he got them so big, and he said he throwed the "juice" to them. I ask what do you mean juice? well, he just kinda smile, and I knew then he did not want to tell me...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back