Recent content by gardening

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. G

What's the best way to get Acorns to Sprout?

I have been planting acorns for two years now. I collect them - keep the good ones - toss the bad ones to the squirrels. I throw them all in a bucket of water overnight. The ones that float - I throw away. I plant the remaining acorns 4" - 6" in planters (August-November) and wait till the...
  2. G

Easter lily question

I found my Easter lily peeping through the soil at me this week. It appears to have multiplied as it has three different green shoots forming.
  3. G

Shasta Daisy - Alaska

Well, I'll have to check my sunshine. A few are in partly sunny spots and those are quite small. Others are in full sunshine. Maybe, I'll have to transplant a few that are in part sun to better sunlight. *Do you think I should do this now or wait until fall again?
  4. G

Yea!!!! My Iris

I only have three Iris - and they are newly planted this past fall. 2 Siberian and 1 Japanese Iris. They are almost 3" tall right now. I hope to see them flower!
  5. G

Columbine

I have planted a few packets in planters and covered them slightly. I did this prior to posting here, unfortunatly and have also broadcast a few more packets in a sunny spot. Most agree here that if my columbine matures that it MAY not bloom until next year......but.....we'll see! Thanks :)
  6. G

Columbine

I'm going to try planting a few packets of McKana mixed color Columbine in pots. I hope that the weather is not too cold yet. The seed packet suggests May but in this z8 the weather is much warmer this year than usual. Do you know if they will flower this year or will I have to wait until...
  7. G

Shasta Daisy - Alaska

I planted a few Shasta Daisy's two seasons ago in the fall, but they did not bloom last summer. Did I do something wrong?
  8. G

Columbine

Has anyone ever planted columbine from seed?
  9. G

Rooting rose cuttings

I pruned my ht roses this past fall: treated a few to rooting hormone and placed them in planters. A few of those cuttings that were directly shoved into the ground this past fall NOW have leaves. The cuttings placed indoors, however: under a plastic bottle and in a planter ..... leafed out...
  10. G

Photinas, indoor hibiscus' and purple sand cherry

Three questions: I have two photina shrubs that are being eaten by bugs. What can I do to keep the bugs off? I have two purpleleaf sand cherry shrubs (new last spring) that have leaves, but no flower blooms, yet. When can I expect these shrubs to flower? Also: I have a potted...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back