Recent content by grammat

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. G

creosote

Yeah...I googled it. I'd forgotten that, in liquid form it's the stuff they put on telephone poles and railroad ties to preserve them. Guess I'll throw it away. Thanks for checking on it for me.
  2. G

creosote

Anyone know if creosote from the chimney is good for anything? Is it akin to zeolite (used to bind up the "bad stuff" in the soil)? If it is we've got a few places we can use it. Been throwing it away all these years. Thanks!
  3. G

yard help!!!!!

Sunflower if you/re not organic I highly recommed that you look into it. We saw DRAMATIC results within the first season (you may need to "clean up" your yard with some form of zeolite if you have been using chemicals). Check out that organic site. Also DirtDoctor.com. Good "clean" dirt smells...
  4. G

Last letter First

electric---candY
  5. G

What do you dehydrate

We inherited a big old monster size dehydrator from hubby's parents a couple of years ago. I finally got it out this week and dried some hot peppers---gonna grind them to try to make chili powder, Seems like it took too long. It's old and the book is missing. Maybe it does just take almost 24...
  6. G

ground covers

ooh-hadn't even thought of herbs.So far I've had great luck with them. Thanks!!
  7. G

ground covers

We've been gardening organically for close to 10 years in black dirt in north central Texas. I'm in the process of starting yet another project (my poor hubby has so much patience) and need some suggestions for ground covers in a sunny garden. We have a young fruit orchard. On the west end of it...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back