Recent content by James27576

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. J

Little update

I know it's been a while since I posted. Sorry about that but life does have a way of getting in the way of forums and such. most everything is growing well. I built some trellises for the peas and I have had several grip and begin to climb. I may have overloaded the garden a little. I am...
  2. J

Little update

This morning the seedlings were added to the bed. The peppers never even started.... I dumped out the soil from the peat pots, a complete no go... not sure why. most everything seems to be happy to be in the soil. I beleive I killed the cucumbers. I only planted 5 of 10 hills that I...
  3. J

Germination

how big should the plants be before I start working them outside? I checked the forecast (and we all know how accurate they are) there will be one night down to 42 degrees, and that is tomorrow night. I had no plans to leave them outside overnight for a few days. I was going to take the...
  4. J

Germination

little update, I am starting the hardening process now on some of the plants, the seedlings are sitting on the bed outside, unfortunately I don't have anywhere out of the wind and in the sun, so I am crossing my fingers. My son and I put the soil in the bed over the weekend. The drain holes...
  5. J

blame Ron

Nice to meet you as well *extends hand* I definitely agree with the taste difference between home grown and store bought. there is also a difference between where you buy them. Farmers market vs Wally World vs an IGA. The times I have tried organic it was store bought organic vs store...
  6. J

New... New... New... Everything

I ain't payin for the lumber... or the screws! :cool:
  7. J

blame Ron

Ron asked for the next question, so this is all his fault :D I have heard varied opinions on organic vs. non-organic (is there something else you call it?) gardening? Is there a major difference in taste, chemical composition, etc of the veggies? what is the difference in between method...
  8. J

I am thinking that an acre is a bit much for a raised bed...:D
  9. J

Germination

I figured you guys were, unless I have become annoying with my incessant questions.
  10. J

Gloria, my bed is standing on legs a little over 3 ft tall. I have some lower back issues that I think would make a traditional ground garden difficult. I will post some pics as soon as I am able to post some green in it. The germination is going FANTASTIC BTW in six days I have cucumber...
  11. J

Germination

I will gladly post pics. Right now the only pics I could post would be the bed, no soil, no plants just wood and screws, and the germinating plants that are just barely pokin out of the soil. I am going to take pics as things progress and post a bunch when I have something a little more...
  12. J

Germination

eh... its my first rodeo. I figure the best way to get advice is to ask the ones that have been there. dynamic information as opposed to a cut and dry answer in a book or on an "expert" site that you cant ask for clarification on. believe me you folks have my appreciation, Id share the fruits...
  13. J

Blueberries

best blueberry pie in the world is the one made from berries you picked a few hours ago. My only problem was when I was picking, it was one for the bucket, one for the gullet. It took a while to get enough for the pie...
  14. J

from what I have learned in another thread I believe that it would be best to push back the transplanting a couple weeks for frost possibilities and so that I can harden the plants to the outside climate. Thats why I am here, to learn things...
  15. J

Germination

I think this was the most important of my questions, yet I left it in the middle for some reason. I pulled the frost info for my area, Early 11-Mar Average 07-Apr Late 11-May, two month spread for early to late. I think I was in a bit of a hurry, and I will hold off a couple weeks if I can (...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back