Recent content by kcb37

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. K

Stake Idaho Locust second year?

Try taking them off. I have some good strong winds at my house in TN. Pretty sure it's not as bad as you though. I planted 2 pears, 2 apples, 2 cherries, and 1 peach tree. I realize I planted all of them "wrong" When I planted them I dug a hole they fit into, put them in, put the dirt...
  2. K

First Flowers of the year

Since it is getting warm and this forum has not had much activity going to put up this post. Moved into my house and had the daffodils here. (wild) They were all bunched up last year, got them all spread out to border the sidwalk from the driveway. Their is also around 15 Tulips (just not...
  3. K

dwarf fruit trees

I would get a second cherry so you have some, and wait on the other two and see what you do get for fruit. Just know it can take a few years to get any. Dwarfs are supposed to produce sooner in their life though.
  4. K

dwarf fruit trees

I was going to say maybe I need to look again. I have a Semi Dwarf Bing. I also have a Semi Dwarf Black Tartarian. They are supposed to be a good pair to pollinate. I am still learning alot, but I did find that when I planted all my trees.
  5. K

dwarf fruit trees

Not trying to burst your bubble or put you in a bad mood or anything but... From everything I have found you need a second Cherry for yours to pollinate. If a neighbor has one close you may be fine. If you already have one then nevermind. Peaches seem to be selfpollinating (their may be a...
  6. K

Over Planting

Going to try something similar this year. I am going with a notill garden. I did till it several times last year, didn't get much due to a drought. But I have some rain barrels to hook up, and a few more on the way. The idea of a notill or overplanting as I understand it is. The roots do...
  7. K

Gardening For The Health of It

Actually only read the first few, however this is my thought. Yes you get exercise always a good thing. You get to be away from the TV, Internet, xbox for kids etc... great thing. You get to be outside in the sunshine too. You get to grow your own food much better then store bought. Made...
  8. K

Ground Cherries

mr_yan, If you have not found any and want to try some I did find some today. I would be more then willing to send ya half. Packet dosen't say to much. Calls then Purple Tomatillo
  9. K

Look, look what I found!

lynpenny, wombat said you should be able to put them in the fridge or freezer and plant them in spring. You would have to ask or do some searching to see what temp you need to chill them at though.
  10. K

How much to charge for pumpkins

Guess I have two things for you. Depending on your lifestyle, etc... Free is great if it's something for you to do. Guessing you want some extra money. As my dad tells me and I have begun to tell everyone else. If your going to do something don't do it for free. You have to make money to...
  11. K

search for fruit tree idea

How much room do you have? You could look at a couple trees. Maybe even two types that are self pollinating. Of my 7 tress 6 are semi dwarf up to 25 feet tall, and one dwarf that should only get 6 feet tall. Two dwarfs could fit in a small area. My dwarf is a Nectarine tree, that is...
  12. K

planting grass seed

Just keep it watered, morning or evening.
  13. K

How much to charge for pumpkins

I have the same idea. That does not look bad to me either. I know I bought a couple bowling ball size ones last year (didn't have the garden then) for 6 or 7. I may go a bit lower then you, but this all depends on the area. I would suggest looking at your competitors. (stores, go a couple...
  14. K

Grass in Raised Beds

Do just like you would with a regular garden if you will. (just in the ground) You can't till it, however I would cut/pull up as much grass as possible. Then just turn the dirt as much as possible with a shovel, dig some out, add new on top. Problem with that is you will need to start over...
  15. K

Spider mites Invasions

This will take awhile, but maybe future use. Search for spidermite predator or something along those lines, on google. Once you figure out what will kill them, bug wise. Seach for say ladybug attractors or something like that. You should find some flowers/herbs that will attract the bugs you...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back