Recent content by luis_pr

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. L

Rose shrub disease

Looks like blackspot on the leaves. The flower buds appear to have some insects on them as well, possibly aphids but they were hard to see, and the dead branch at the bottom of the picture shows webbing seen with spider mites.
  2. L

ID Shrub and is it sunburned

When was the third picture taken? What is your city, state, USDA Zone? Some of the leaf colors remind me of Mahonia Orange Flame.
  3. L

Recipe Greek Salad Dressing

Any idea what is the so-called "serving size" that was used to determine those Nutrition Info statistics???
  4. L

recently planted Viburnum Coppertop

Oh, man! There is no good answer for that. The wholesaler that wrote the plant label used its own definition, which may differ from the next plant wholesaler and so forth. I personally take it as a hint and water the plants more often or larger amounts of water than I would use for cacti...
  5. L

recently planted Viburnum Coppertop

Before planting, I would have acclimated the plant if it is now in full sun. It may be suffering from transplant shock from coddled conditions at the plant nursery/wholesaler. You did not say where you are so it may also be warm, dry & windy outside and that makes the leaves lose moisture faster...
  6. L

Hardy hibiscus care

You must be in a warm area. Mine are still sleeping and have not "surfaced" yet! 😴🛌💤💤💤💤
  7. L

How To Grow A Cold-Hardy Avocado Tree--OUTDOORS--In Vancouver, Canada

Even when the tree does not produce fruit, you would still end up with a nice looking tree, even indoors. But with more extremes weather-wise recently, always research what the lowest temperature has been in your area. You never want to underestimate Mother Nature. I am in Texas and in February...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back