Recent content by Phlytrap

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. P

Repelling Squirrels?

Yeah I just went out to check on everything and now my THIRD ripest strawberry has been halfway consumed... GRRRRRR.... I'm full of anger now... The red pepper obviously didn't work. So I put a laundry basket over the strawberries until I can make my way to lowes... This is irritating! They're...
  2. P

Repelling Squirrels?

im thinking of a thin very strong pole that sticks up in the air several feet with a wide top, something that would be difficult for him to climb up and if he got up it, he wouldn't be able to get around the base of the tray... hmm. I'm thinking maybe a .22? 410? lol... pellet projectile?
  3. P

Repelling Squirrels?

Little bastage got my two ripest strawberries. http://i42.tinypic.com/e5r8yv.jpg | http://i42.tinypic.com/23m3d3d.jpg I went ahead and removed these two. I consumed what was left, which was very sweet and tasty! It's a shame that the squirrel got em. What was not touched has been covered...
  4. P

Progression of my fruit/veggie garden (Day 22)

Wow, I am very impressed with how healthy everything is looking on day 22 of my gardening adventure. I am learning patience and understanding that every day makes a massive difference in the lives of my plants. Everything is either flowering, fruiting, or sprouting. Half of the sprouts in my...
  5. P

My first Gardening adventure... (Progress Thread)

Ugh, this unpredictable Oklahoma weather... It's 54F out... rainy... Going to be 51F around 7 am.... Hope this doesn't kill the stuff that's out there...
  6. P

Aaah my seeds are sprouting in the garden! Pictures soon!
  7. P

So I went to look for more blueberry plants, will be delivered Friday. While I was there I picked up two new supersweet cherry tomato plants, two broccoli stalks, one emerald bell pepper plant, and new moss and such for the venus flytraps. http://i39.tinypic.com/35cjuoz.jpg The two new...
  8. P

I am going to head into a nursery around the corner and see right quick. In the meantime, here are progress photos as of today. (15 mins or so ago to be exact) Exactly 2 weeks after I started everything. I have provided direct links to the pictures so the page is more user friendly...
  9. P

Aww!

I'm a jerk. I was fiddling with my venus flytraps just a second ago... found a baby wasp that landed on me... thought it would be a good lunch, so I fed it to one, which it quickly crawled out of.. (I like to let them squirm to trigger the fine hairs and tighten the grip, morbid I know...) That...
  10. P

No I do believe that I need another strand of blueberries to pollinate my flowers. Today is the first day that I've noticed the bell-shaped flowers opening up. Any idea where I could possibly order blueberry pollen from online? I would like to see fruit this year if possible! One...
  11. P

Day 5 Progression - 4-3-2010 On the early morning of Day 4 there was a storm which knocked the blues, rasps, and blackberries over and on top of themselves. I was freaked out at first, but they seem resilient. I re-potted and watered, they seem to be doing fine now on day 5. Husker Cherry...
  12. P

Photos 3-29-2010 Here's the pictures of the plants just after I had purchased them and planted them. Two Basil Plants Blackberries and Raspberries. BB has darker leaves than RB Blueberries Strawberries Husker Cherry Red Tomatoes Vicious Venus Flytraps plus...
  13. P

So I am starting with a rather small potted garden at the moment. I currently have on hand: Two Basil plants One Blueberry Bush One Raspberry Bush One Blackberry Bush Two Strawberry Runners (In same pot) One Husker Cherry Tomato hybrid One (Germinating) Sugar Snap Pea vine And a pot...
  14. P

<New Member xD

Hello all :) I am growing a few potted fruits and veggies, stumbled across this forum and I did some research and saw that this is a rather active forum compared to others. I am planning on starting a progress thread. Keep your eyes peeled! I will do my best at contributing to...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back