Recent content by Remy

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Remy

Picture with name of it

Hi Kale, It does look like I have mostly climbers. I took a lot of pics of them this year! I do have many other types though. I really love Buck roses. Dr. Buck was a professor at Iowa State that spent his life trying to breed disease resistant cold hardy shrub roses. His most famous rose is...
  2. Remy

Picture with name of it

Kale, I do love all roses. I have a few hybrid teas. Unfortunately, they don't do that well here. Plus I don't spray my roses, so that makes it even more difficult to grow them well. I've found Buck roses to be a good substitute. They look very hybrid tea like, but do much better here...
  3. Remy

Hello from Northern NY

Kale. Western NY is Rochester and go west to the Niagara River. No one in the Buffalo/Niagara area would ever say they live in Upstate NY. Upstate to us is north of NYC up to like Albany and west to Syracuse. The area between Syracuse west to Rochester would be the Finger Lakes area. The area...
  4. Remy

Picture with name of it

Hi Kale and All, I grow a lot of roses. I have this years photos on the link below. Some photos look similar since I have not gone through and figured out which ones I like the best. http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h234/Remyo_2006/garden%202008/roses/ Remy
  5. Remy

Hello from Northern NY

Hi From Western NY! Remy
  6. Remy

Hello

Hello again, Thanks for the warm welcome! Remy
  7. Remy

Winter Sowing

I bought my big bag of potting mix today and hauled it into the basement. I will be starting to make containers to out on Monday when I have off of work. The perennials that need a cold period for seed germination will be first. Then I will do perennials that don't need cold and cold hardy...
  8. Remy

Hello

What a great welcome from everyone:) Dizzy, Thanks Ron, You don't live that far from here! I've always wanted to visit the Royal Botanical Gardens. I have developed a friendship a local gardener that likes to take road trips with me so I think I will finally have someone to get over...
  9. Remy

Hello

Hi All, I got invited to check out this place from DizzyDaff. I'm a certifiable plantaholic. My favorites are tomatoes and roses, but I love trying just about everything! I grow a lot from seed(as Dizzy can tell you:) ) Humm, what else...I live near the Niagara River in Western NY. I host the...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com