Recent content by RiverDog

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. R

Greeting Cards you Can PlaNT

I would think so too Jade....hmmmm. Maybe it would'nt if you quick dried though. I would be alittle worried to let them set overnight in the wet paper.
  2. R

Too Late For Onions?

Cool, glad to hear it. How deep should I mix in the compost? I was thinking 2ft' should be good enough. Should I fertilize at all or just let the compost do it's thing and water as needed? Is it ok to plant lettuce or cabbage along side the onions? Are these enough questions? :rolleyes...
  3. R

Too Late For Onions?

I have never done onions before, but I planted some Scallions after the frost. Now the wife wants me to plant some red and yellow onions. I fear it may be too late in the year to start them now. I'm in central Florida and I believe you are supposed to plant them in or around Dec. here. Is it too...
  4. R

Yea!!!!! my birds are back

Nice birds!! Always nice to have something to watch while sitting in the yard. We did feed some squirrels for awhile, then they started to tear into my screened back porch :mad: So we stopped feeding them and they have all moved on. I have seen 2 Woodpeckers so far this year. One is a big one...
  5. R

Spider anyone????

That is a jumping spider, you can tell by the metallic looking fangs. I've seen some that are an inch and a half long. Eucalyptus is great for keeping spiders and some other insects to a minimal, they hate it. Or do like me and get one of these guys to stand guard in your garden. ;) As you can...
  6. R

Have you seen this before?

Thanks guys. I went from having around 2,000 to only having about 200 crazy ants around the garden. I think with alittle more persistence I can win this war. I got the aphids under control at the same time with getting rid of the ants, now the ladybugs are doing the rest for me. Gotta love those...
  7. R

Ahhhh... TYVM Jade, I believe you are right. It could be caused by a disease known as '' Tomato Pith Necrosis '', which is caused by rapid growth, high nitrogen, plastic mulch, low air temps at night, and high humidity. This may explain why I have not seen this till it rained heavy for a few...
  8. R

Show your Garden from start to finish(Spring to Fall)

This year I expanded my little veggie plot and added another section, so I planted most in the first plot while I built up the second. After I finished it I just transplanted them over to the new section. Here are some pics from start to the present.
  9. R

Weird Leaf Fungus ?

I have had no problems with my little peach tree so far this year....knocks on wood.... In fact mine already has some peaches on it :D . Hope you get yours back to good health.
  10. R

Hello everyone. I have been growing these California Wonders, Okra, Cucumber, Squash, and a few different types of Tomatoes since the end of winter. I water them by soaker hose every other day or as needed depending on the weather. ( I'm in Central Florida btw...) I fertilize with Maxsea...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com