Recent content by SassyWVGirl

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. S

My garden bench

Adorable That is so cute. Great job on the painting. I bet it'll be cute as it can be out there.
  2. S

Tell us how you save money!!!

Sounds like you got some good deals Dor. I hear about folks saving a fortune like that at Kohl's but every time I walk in the place, I can't find a thing that's marked down and the service at our local Kohl's is horrible. I stood in line for almost 45 min. for a pair of jeans my daughter "just...
  3. S

None of the above.... But it sounds like I wish we did!!! We have Gabriel Brothers. It's similar it sounds like but I rarely find those kind of prices. Excellent deals it sounds like. Congrats on the bargains. I love a good sale, don't you?
  4. S

Guess I'm spoiled. That dryer is the one thing I can't do without. I hate the feel of clothes dried on the line. Love the smell, but hate the feel. I like that fluff I guess. But I do wash in cold water 99.9% of the time and don't do a load unless it's a full load. Do most dishes by hand...
  5. S

help artifical shade

I'm all for something for free. And the fact that it helps the landfill situation is an added bonus!
  6. S

help artifical shade

I'm gonna drive thru that way again for the next few days to see what else he tosses because I haven't seen anything go up at his house that involved that lattice. That tells me that he's still workin' on something over there in that garage and who knows what will hit the trash pile next...
  7. S

Amazing Birdhouses!

So true I used to own a Dollhouse shop for over a decade and people wouldn't think twice about spending that much or more on one of them. And with them, ya have to fill 'em with furniture and such. Much more expensive! Of course the average dollhouse isn't exposed to the elements on a daily...
  8. S

I am from South Carolina

Hi Cathy Welcome. I just know you're gonna love it here. Make yourself at home! Lori
  9. S

Amazing Birdhouses!

Awesome! Looks like somebody didn't get over their Lincoln Log fun! I love 'em! I'd hate to have that many birds around this little yard though. I can barely keep the car "bird poo" free as it is, but they sure are gorgeous!
  10. S

help artifical shade

Constantly I just took a bunch of really nice plastic/vinyl ?? lattice out of the neighbor's trash - trying to figure out what to do with it. There's a lot there and I just couldn't let it go to the dump when my yard is in such a mess!
  11. S

help artifical shade

You're welcome I thought it looked awesome - I've been scouring over it off and on all day trying to figure out what I have of any of that to do something fun with.
  12. S

jerusalem artichoke

http://homecooking.about.com/library/archive/blv71.htm Info before you cook them.... http://homecooking.about.com/od/howtocookvegetables/a/sunchoketips.htm I'll ask Chef tomorrow. He was born, raised and trained in France and always has interesting and yummy ideas for the unusual...
  13. S

help artifical shade

Check this out http://www.robomargo.com/trash.html This was on another forum I was on today - they take trash and turn it into great things. They've done a lot of fun things with doors. It may get your creative juices flowing. I wanna see pictures when you decide on something though!! LOL
  14. S

help artifical shade

I like that too. You could even attach hangers to the tops of some for hanging plants at various heights along the way....... just a thought.
  15. S

help artifical shade

Everyone's definition of "pricey" varies, but Lowes had some really nice trellis's the other day - I didn't price them, but I did check out the straight ones and they were around $60. If you have any old wood around though, you could easily pick up an inexpensive piece of lattice and frame it...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back