Recent content by sharry_lynn

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. S

Bamboo questions

Can you plant clumping bamboo close to a house? I've heard that bamboo can ruin your foundation, but I wasn't sure if this was just the running kind or if the clumping bamboo would do this too. I have a window that I want to screen, and I figured bamboo would grow quickly.
  2. S

my amaryllis bulb

Also, you're supposed to plant amaryllis with the neck and top of the bulb sticking out of the soil. If you plant them too deep, they will not bloom. Usually the kits like that are ready to bloom, but maybe yours wasn't forced properly. Amaryllis are a little finicky and don't like to be...
  3. S

Photinas, indoor hibiscus' and purple sand cherry

I can't help you with the first two, but your hibiscus is probably not getting enough sun. Especially if it is a tropical hibiscus, and not a rose of sharon shrub, although I think the rose of sharon thrive in full sun as well. If you have a sunny western window, that may be a better place for...
  4. S

Welcome Members from GH

Oh Randy, you grow apples? That's something I would love to do, but they don't grow well down here in south LA. I got married in North Carolina in Sept. and while we were up there we went to an apple orchard to pick our own apples. That was one of my favorite parts of the trip! I had never...
  5. S

Welcome Members from GH

Hi everybody. Long time no see. :) I got a message from Gloria the other day directing me to this site. I hadn't been to GH in nearly a year, and was kinda sad to see it so abandoned, so I'm glad I found this site! About a year ago when GH moved to the new server, I got a new job. That job...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back