Recent content by thislushgardenwithin

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. T

Anyone good with orchids?

When you do plant it, remember not to keep the medium too wet, else the roots will rot, just evenly moist will do :)
  2. T

Come and Grow A Rose With Me

Thanks Kale for the reply, will upgrade my roses to another sunnier spot. But will have to be gradual. You are right, two pots of roses are showing some sort of leaf burn actually, but luckily they are not serious :) Along with pretty fast growth, they are also fast drinkers. The containers...
  3. T

Hmmm... that's strange indeed. Too cold I've not experience, since from where I am it is mostly warm or even hot. Cold and low humidity would desiccate a plant, so have to careful about that too. Phal likes humidity, but not constant wet medium. They also don't require as high a light as say...
  4. T

You are welcome :) Do remember to flame or sterilise your blade/shears when you cut, like you would do for any plants. Look forward to the pictures.
  5. T

Hi Kale, thanks so much for your reply and for sharing :) I believe mine are planted in sand and coco peat. Rather common for plants that come from Malaysia, our neighbouring country. They are currently semi outdoors, as they sit at the edge of the balcony area, partially exposed to the...
  6. T

Terrariums

Hi there, I am adding to this post with a little terrarium I've kept for the last few months. To date it is doing pretty ok. Jewel orchids are known for growing quite slowly... so will have to watch and observe for another period of time. If you are interested, you can take a look at the...
  7. T

Rose newbie Hi everyone! I am new to growing roses and I have pictures to share... http://thislushgardenwithin.wordpress.com/wallflower/ Are mini roses commonly grown from where you are? I just started growing them about a month ago. Attempting to grow them in an apartment :p rather than...
  8. T

Hello everyone!

Hello Fireman, welcome! I am new too :) Look forward to more posts from you!
  9. T

Hi FLO, looks like the mother plant has no leaves left, so it is probably quite unlikely to be of much use. From what I know, Phal do tend to produce babies when they are stressed or in distress... maybe it is for survival of the species. If I were you, I will harvest and repot the baby...
  10. T

Container gardener from Singapore

This is great, just taken another short walk around. Looks like a pretty warm place indeed, just nice for me since I'm from the tropics ;)
  11. T

Thank you :) for welcoming me into this community... it's like being transplanted into a new neighbourhood... haha! takes a bit of time to acclimatise... but it'll be fun!
  12. T

Hi Kya, thank you so much for such a warm welcome :) Am starting to read through the threads to understand more about the community of gardeners here. Glad you think the orchids are beautiful, they are not considered difficult to grow here in our climate. Most can be bought easily around our...
  13. T

Hi Lyn, isn't it wonderful to have a house to work on those plants! You can practically grow anything. Thanks for the note and comments on the pictures. Hope to exchange ideas and knowledge with everyone here :)
  14. T

Hi Ron, thank you for the note. I think this is a great site :) Hope to make new friends with like minded people here!
  15. T

Not sure what medium you have over there. Charcoal is a medium that can't go wrong, but it does not retain much moisture. Meaning you have got to water more if the air is dry. Else ask your garden supply store, am sure they will recommend something relevant to where you are.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com