Recent content by Trax

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Trax

My Voodoo lily

Thanks for that info! I think I'll just keep it out of the pot till spring.
  2. Trax

Hello from Central Florida

Welcome to the forum! :D There's lots of ways to build up the soil in garden areas in Florida so you will probably find a lot of info on that here.
  3. Trax

What's the weather in your area? 2014 Edition

Happy Thanksgiving! :D I spent the entire day, yesterday, running and hanging with friends; almost entirely outdoors and into the night. But we hit 55*F and even the cold winds didn't slow us down. It was a sunny and awesome day here! Now it's almost 03:00 here and 32*F with clear skies...
  4. Trax

My Voodoo lily

Sorry I couldn't keep up with my own thread but it was a seriously messed up summer and fall. But now that things are beginning to chill (pun), I have time for plants again. The 1st sprouting consisted of very long, slender, and speckled stems with large 3-fingered leaves and I wish I'd taken...
  5. Trax

Wonky weather here. An early 5-day hard freeze messed up autumn, then 3" of early snow, and 16 hours of non-stop T-storms last Saturday. Atm, it's 04:00 and 36*F . High today is 59*F and no 60's till this weekend. Planting garlic today.
  6. Trax

Cold and wet. We've had thunderstorms and tons of rain and now it's 64*F and our high for today will only be 78*F. Dunno if it's Oklahoma summer or a very warm Australian winter, lol. We got some heat last week but it didn't last very long. My Voodoo lily has been sending up lots of leaves so...
  7. Trax

LOL! I was wondering where our hot weather went... now I know! It's 61*F here... Wut? :eek: Our high was only 70*F and we had more thunderstorms tonight already. Tons of rain and more thunderstorms moving in. Our low tonight will be in the 50's... Wut? :eek: It's mid July and I'm wearing a...
  8. Trax

Flower ID Please

This flower comes back every year in exactly the same spot so I think it may be a perennial but I don't know what kind of flower it is. It looks really cool and the flower heads are about the size of my fist. Sorry if the photo is kinda blurry but I got stung by a wasp on my hand before I shot...
  9. Trax

I nom a lot of chips. There's just so many cool flavors! My favorites are the ones that taste like pizza and the mesquite BBQ chips but they even have chips made with yams. It's 63*F and light rain. No way it can be 63 in July! Only going up to 76*F today with isolated showers then with...
  10. Trax

My Voodoo lily

It's def exciting! :D I've never seen a flower with a spotted stem, looks really cool! I read that they send up a flower before they send up their leaves. I don't know how long it takes for it to flower, I just hope it doesn't flower this winter. :eek: I wouldn't wanna put it outside in the cold...
  11. Trax

I had 2 plants but one got ran over by a dog so now I only have one. But I may be getting another one soon. Btw, if this cold front reaches you then you should be getting cooler soon. @ Randy. You'd be surprised by how many people want a cold coke in the heat. The first thing I grab is a bag of...
  12. Trax

Trax Veggies 2014

@ Wombat. Cool! Just keep them warm and in a sunny window and they should do awesome! I'll be bringing some of mine in this winter. I wanna see how long I can keep them going. I heard they can grow for years! @ Randy. Bell peppers are awesome if you stuff them and pop them in the oven! And for...
  13. Trax

My Voodoo lily

And other house plants I'm growing. But for now, the Voodoo lily. :D I wanted to start a thread to monitor my progress with this plant and it's progressing faster than I expected. I just noticed today that it sprouted and I planted the corm almost 4" deep 2 weeks ago. That's fast and the stem is...
  14. Trax

Help!! Does anyone grow Peonies?

It worked! :D I removed some of the soil and forced them up higher in the ground with the shovel blade. Now they're very healthy and producing awesome blooms! I didn't move them but now they're getting shade from the yellow rose bush and no more issues with dried leaves. Thanks for the advice...
  15. Trax

why did my hot pepper die?

Yeah, the pepper diseases are usually a no-win situation. That's why I always plant more than I need. Btw, my pepper plant was just as advanced as yours when it suddenly wilted so yeah, even a healthy older plant is no guarantee.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back