Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. RonsGarden

Fig Bush

Gloria, it would be a good idea to remove the fig so the plant can concentrate on growing roots, stems and leaves.
  2. RonsGarden

THE BEST GARDENING TIPS EVER!

Link has been removed! Doesn't take you to any gardening tips!
  3. RonsGarden

What's the weather in your area? 2021 Edition

We no longer have snow in the forecast! But, we will be getting rain. The temps are going up above seasonal, and I'm loving it! High 37 with sunny clear skies! Love this thaw, as it is slow, so we do not get any flooding! We are losing an inch, or so each day, so we should be snow free...
  4. RonsGarden

planting seeds

Last frost date here is May 24th. When I used to start all my seeds it was in mid to late April so they were not too tall!
  5. RonsGarden

Hi Cooky! All we got was around 20"s total, and still more on the way!
  6. RonsGarden

Hi Lyn! Hi Woodie! Pretty much the same here. We have light fluffy snow for today. Could see another 2-3"s on top of what we already got over the last week. There is more to come next week! At least the polar vortex is weakening, and the temps are beginning to rise. Looks like we will be be...
  7. RonsGarden

Hi Lyn! You guys are having it rough! Hang in there, things will warm up again for you! After a cold, but sunny day yesterday, we are back into more snow as another system moves in. I is so hard to predict how much snow we will get because the weather has been so weird.....weather patterns...
  8. RonsGarden

We got 6 to maybe 8 inches last evening and overnight. Getting a light snowfall this morning. Expecting no more then another inch by later on this afternoon before it comes to an end! This is the most snow we got this winter! 21 with a windchill 7. It is going to be cold tonight with a low...
  9. RonsGarden

Another Canuck in your midst!

Welcome aboard Lori! Nice to have another Canadian.
  10. RonsGarden

Going to be hit bad tomorrow! This will be our first major snow storm of the season ( for my area )....looks like 8 inches is possible. It will come in 2 waves with the worse late evening with heavy snowfall and strong gusty winds. We expect 30+ mph winds out of the north which should cause...
  11. RonsGarden

Looks like it will snow all day here. 14F with a windchill of 0. Not expecting much ...maybe 2 inches total. Looks like a bigger system for Mon and Tues.....then again on Thursday. Getting all the winter weather now!!
  12. RonsGarden

We are having the coldest days and nights for the next week, or so! Not getting much snow.
  13. RonsGarden

Elderberry bushes

Deers love elderberry! Your plants should sprout at the soil level around the trunk! If they do come back come spring you will need to protect them from deer, or the same thing will happen again. Are you planning on planting them in the ground? Do you have a sheltered area that you can fence...
  14. RonsGarden

Fig Bush

Good morning Gloria! Think the main issue with figs is that they hate soggy soil and are prone to root rot.....they like to stay on the dry side...Taking the pots to the sink and water from above until water starts running out the bottom is the way to go, but make sure they drain well so they do...
  15. RonsGarden

Fig Bush

Hi Gloria! Fancy meeting you here! :) When is your frost free planting time? Looks like they need to be potted up properly....what variety are they? I'll need to do a search on them first!
  16. RonsGarden

Growing oak tree from acorn

Hi! Welcome to our forum! Yes, there is a problem. The soil is too wet and the acorn root is rotting! It is too late to do anything! If you find more acorns try again. Use a sterile soil designed for seed starting, water soil lightly enough to moisten it. Do not overwater! Wait until the...
  17. RonsGarden

Can i share my points on organic gardening ?

Hi Eric. Yes you can write and share about organic gardening! Please do not post pdf files.....It has been removed.
  18. RonsGarden

Recipe Snickerdoodle Bread

Who are you really, and why are you asking? Answer these questions and I'll decide where it is important enough to contact the administrator.
  19. RonsGarden

Had a very intense Low Pressure system move in yesterday! The winds were horrific out of the SW off the lake! 37 mph sustained winds with 50 to 60+ gusts! Even hit a few 70+ mph peak gusts by mid afternoon! Also had a few thunderstorms with intense downpours around the same time! The winds...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com