Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Dor

My banana project

I was surprised to find a bloom and a bunch of bananas on Friday. I will post a pic to see if you can help me ID Trax. This is the third time I have gotten bananas but they have never rippened. My plant has never bloomed this early. I'm hoping they are edible and will ripen.
  2. Dor

Please pray for Randy

God is so good all the time. Randy is home. I pray that his heart problem will be taken care of accordin to HIS will. Take it easy our friend. We are thinking of you and sending prayers and healing thoughts.
  3. Dor

Please pray for Randy

Oh my goodness, I am shocked to hear our Randy is ill. I will be praying for him and his family that he will be feeling better soon. He is loved very much.
  4. Dor

My veggie garden

Randy, I make my cornbread using the 2nd method with the 1 cup flour and one cup cornmeal and by pouring the hot shortening into the mix and then back into the hot iron skillet. My family loves some good hot cornbread and butter. My mother eats hers with buttermilk. I don't make it as much...
  5. Dor

Grass in Raised Beds

I am having the same problem with two of my raised beds. I put some landscaping fabric down in one yesterday after pulling up the grass on one half of it. I will start on the 2nd one tomorrow and do the same thing to kill the grass. After the grass starts to die I will dig and pull it up, add...
  6. Dor

New from Texas

Hello and welcome Scjarena, I live in a suburb of Houston. We have gotten quite a bit of rain this spring and my plants and veggies are really loving it. Everything is alive and blooming. I don't know what you like but I have irises, daylilies, cannas, roses, crepe myrtles, a few liles...
  7. Dor

Please Help with lost of Oranges

Scjarena. I think I read that you live in the Houston area also. My Myer lemon tree and Rio red grapefruit have the tiny fruit also. They are not drop theirs though. How old is your tree. The AG told me to pull mine off if my tree was younger than three years so that all the energy could go to...
  8. Dor

Temp Help

Hi FloralDaddy and welcome. I do have a heat mat but not big enough for all my starts. You can put them on top of your refridgerator for heat until they sprout and I have tried a grow bulb in an old lamp also. Good luck, gardening is a lot of trial and error.
  9. Dor

My veggie garden

You are really busy this summer Lyn. Good luck to you and congratulations in advance.
  10. Dor

My veggie garden

Thank you, I will check Walmart. Gurneys had them for $5.99. I am going to grow them in buckets and tubs. I would like some potatoe bags if I can find some at a decent price.
  11. Dor

My veggie garden

Hi Trax where did you buy you onions? I haven't seen any like that before. I would like to buy some. lmk. I just looked online and found some at Gurney's but it said onion sets and not bulbs.
  12. Dor

Randy thank you

I don't have a large area for either but I like the pole beans better. Since my son is here I've asked him to build tee pee's for my pole beans. Hi everyone I've missed you all. Homework and baking have taken up a lot of time. I'll try to get here more often, probably this time of the...
  13. Dor

How do they know when to bloom?

Hello all my friends I hope you all had a blessed Christimas. I missed you all a lot. I just bougt a new Christmas cactus. I have it on the bar in the familyroom. I hope I have good luck with this one. Thanks for the tips.
  14. Dor

My veggie garden

Hey Nancie, I missed you all. I have been busy getting adjusted to going to college full-time. I am finally getting use to it. A lot of studying and computer work but it will all be worth it. My youngest daughter told me she was very proud of me. That brought a huge smile to my face. I will be...
  15. Dor

My veggie garden

I bought some tomatoes(patio), jalapenos, bell peppers, serranos, and going to plant okra, kale, collards, turnips, mustards, turnips and winter squash. Nancie, I think I plant sme dixie lee's also since Gloria sent me some last year.
  16. Dor

My Hollyhocks

I got my seeds today Dawn. Thank you so much. I hope you have some left after sending so many to me.
  17. Dor

My Hollyhocks

Thank you Dawn. There is always another day to try again as along as we have breathe. I am looking forward to spring.
  18. Dor

hummers more than ever

WOW! beautiful Dawn.
  19. Dor

My Hollyhocks

Sorry I am so late asking but do you having anymore HH seeds to share Dawn? Is so I sure would like some. With all the heat, I lost a lot of my plants and flowers.
  20. Dor

My veggie garden

Since we are finally getting some weather that is not in the triple digits I can start my fall garden. In between studying I can get some mustard and turnip greens, tomatoes, okra and I don't know what else planted.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back