Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Dor

My veggies 2011

Here's a few pictures of my veggie garden. My tomatoes are really growing. I don't remember having tomatoes on the vine in April before.
  2. Dor

I have to buy a new range

My oven on my electric range went out and it is going to cost approximately $425.00 per sears to have it repaired. It is only 7 years old and is a Kenmore with a flat surface cooktop. when I was canning the last couple of years my canner said to not use it on a flat surface cooktop. I am...
  3. Dor

I have volunteer pumpkins

These volunteers are from the pumpkins I had on my front porch for Halloween that my 4 year old grandson Jaylen stepped on.
  4. Dor

My first Daylily blooms for 2010

My daylilies have started to bloom. I think the first one might be Going Bananas. I lost the tag during the winter. I have to check outside later for the Bi-color's name. I bought six more Daylilies today. Two each of Stella del Ola, Little Wart, and Frosty Orange. They were $2 each. I will get...
  5. Dor

My Irises are Blooming Finally

This is the first time these irises have bloomed and they are oh so beautiful. They were given to me and I don't know the know. In this bed there are over 49. I love them but I don't have enough room for this many. I will have some to share if anyone would like a few. Just let me know.
  6. Dor

My Roses 2010

My roses are getting a good start. I have feed and pruned them and just waiting for them to do their thing. Some of them are putting on a show. Double delight 2009, Blaze of Glory climbing rose 2009, Altissimo, Blaze, Old fashioned white climbing rose
  7. Dor

Apple Tree

My next door neighbor gave me an apple tree. Her daughter gave her two and she shared with me. I don't know what kind it is but I am happy to get it. It may be grafted as it has limbs that are different. I am not sure it I have to have two for pollination nor does she. We really need to know...
  8. Dor

My garden 2010

My little garden is coming along nicely. Looks like I may lose a couple of my tomato plants but I have replacements growing in the house. Cucumbers, bush beans, and tomato plant
  9. Dor

Organic Bug Control

One of my raised garden beds is overun with pill bugs. I pulled up the rest of my collard and mustard greens today and the little bugs were everywhere. Should I leave them alone or try to get rid of them? Does anyone have a good organic remedy as I am planting veggies in this bed?
  10. Dor

Whipping my flower beds into shape

Antonio my yardman and I have been working on my flower beds this morning. When I looked outside at 8am he was already here. I decided to take my shower and join him. I pruned while he weeded and mulched. He is gone to pick up more mulch and I decided to take a break. I picked up some bags of...
  11. Dor

Huge bird nest in my tree

I have a huge bird nest in one of the tree in my back yard. It is way up high so that I can't see why kind of bird it is but it has to be ahuge one. At least one a day or every other day I hear a loud cawking sound. For about a month I didn't know what it was until coming home from church my...
  12. Dor

Dorothy's Gumbo

Oma2 I am finally going to post my recipe. Sorry I took so long but have been under the weather. Gumbo 1 baking hen or a chicken (The hen makes a rich broth) 3 rings of your favorite smoked sauge ( I use Jalapena, beef, and garlic) sliced in 1 inch rings and cooked on a baking sheet to...
  13. Dor

Share you Christmas decorations with us

Here's a few of my decorations. Lets see some of yours
  14. Dor

Perennials

Here's a few of my blooms. They suffered during the summer because of the drought her. Everything is perking up now. Russian red canna, Cleopatra cannas, bog lily, night blooming cerus getting ready to bloom, coral honeysuckle
  15. Dor

Free

Free quart of eqqshell finish paint at http://www.glidden.com. It is slow because so many people are applying by keep trying. I ordered mine but it took a while.
  16. Dor

I need help with my squash and cucumbers

My gardening friends my cucumbers and squash all have and had prior blooms but I don't have any little ones yet. What am I doing wrong? This is my first time having any luck with them so I am at a loss.
  17. Dor

My new Beds

This is what my son and I have been doing this week.
  18. Dor

Anyone have Leaf rollers

My beautiful Red Russian cannas have leaf rollers. I went out late in the evening yesterday checking my plants after the storm. I have lots of new blooms but my red Russians have leaf rollers. The only cure I know is a chemical. Has anyone else had them? If so what do you use. I need to get rid...
  19. Dor

Thank you Crabbergirl

I received my plants today. They made the trip well. It rained today and will rain tomorrow so I will plant them Sunday. Thanks for a great trade my gardenbud.
  20. Dor

Cream Cheese Pie

Cream Cheese Pie 8 oz package cream cheese, softened 1 can condensed milk 1/4 cup lemon juice 1 graham cracker crust 8 oz package cool whip, thawed 1 tsp vanilla extract Whip the cream cheese for a minute until fluffy. Mix in lemon juice and condensed milk. Add vanilla extract. Pour...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back