Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. B

Mandevilla Propagation

Thanx for the replies. I don't know what this phenomenon is (roots after heavy rains), but it certainly will make propagation a bit easier. I wonder if I can replicate this. Crabbergirl, kindly update how your cuttings fare in sand. Thnx.
  2. B

Mandevilla Propagation

I tried cuttings but have not been successful. HOWEVER. I noticed my mandevillas today to have these leaf node growths that look like aerial roots! I think it's due to the past recent rains. Has anybody had this experience? The "roots" are white and the longest is about 1/2 inch long...
  3. B

Moss in my lawn.

Moss in bald spots can be removed by raking the soil slightly. Does your lawn get plenty of sunshine?
  4. B

Come take a walk in the garden

Wow, lots of birdhouses. I like the one that looks like a barn. Maybe I could make one, someday. I bet you have cheerful mornings everyday.
  5. B

Gardening For The Health of It

Going around the garden for whatever reason - checking new blooms, cuttings, deadheading, or just tidying always cheers me up. I also read somewhere that a daily dose of 20 minutes in morning sunlight keeps depression at bay. So yep, gardening's good for (mental and psychological) health!
  6. B

Mandevilla Propagation

Thank you. The plant in the videos looks much more mature than the plants I have. For cuttings, I may have to wait a few more months until I get really robust stems.
  7. B

Mandevilla Propagation

Thanx Crabbergirl. By node portion of the stem, do you mean where the leaves are attached? The parts where the flowers were attached look like nodes too. Also, what's the difference between sand and soil for the woody cutting? Is it the looseness of sand?
  8. B

Mandevilla Propagation

Anybody successful with propagating mandevilla? I bought some plants that I'd want to propagate, but I'm not sure how because the stems are thin and soft. Any ideas?
  9. B

Making your own inexpensive potting mix

Me, I used plenty of coco dust for potting. Coco dust is really finely shredded coconut husk, although some coconut fibers may be still be present. I mix it up sometimes with aged manure or compost. But essentially, it's coco dust that's the bulk of the medium.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back