Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. N

Purple foliage

Hi! I am looking to plant something in my garden (Coastal, San Diego) with something with purple (not black or red) foliage that would be close to the ground (below 2 feet). We would like something that stays purple most of the year, perennial preferred, is easy to grow, and not poisonous to...
  2. N

Vine that does not attract bees

We are looking to cover an outdoor fence about 7 feet high in partial sun with an evergreen vine. Our son has a significant bee allergy so we are looking for one that has a very short flowering season or has a flower than does not attract bees. One that is not toxic to touch or dangerous for...
  3. N

Ficus

Has anyone planted ficus with a root guard? We need it as a a screening hedge and we wanted to do plant Texas Privet for this purpose but I was told it is a bee magnet and my son has a severe allergy. Do ficus attract bees?
  4. N

Purple flower that does not attract bees

Hi, I know most purple flowers do attract bees, but we are hoping to find a perennial purple flower that does not attract bees for our new backyard, since my son has a serious bee allergy. I was told some that do not as strongly attract include hydrangea (but needs shade), Mexican sage, society...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com