Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. C

Top 10 Questions About Animal Pest Control

Thanks for your tips, this very useful for me. Squirrels at my bird feeders drive me nuts, unless you’re feeding squirrels, you’ll need a squirrel proof feeder to shoo them all away from those precious seeds. Ground chili pepper is a great idea.
  2. C

How To Create A Dementia Friendly Garden

I agree with your opinion, when I watch birds I feel very comfortable and reduce stress. Because natural food sources are scarcer in the winter, bird feeders are an excellent way to attract a bevy of birds to your yard mid-winter. Having multiple feeders placed around your property will attract...
  3. C

New Year’s Gardening Resolutions: Celebrating A New Year In The Garden

If you want to attract more birds, try to entice them with their common food sources such as suet, seeds, and peanuts. You can also catch their attention with the use of small fruits such as cherries or berries on a platform or tray feeder. But no matter what your feeder is, make sure the food...
  4. C

Wildlife Gardening Pros And Cons

If you see songbirds fluttering around your yard, it’s more than just a beautiful sight; it’s a sign of a healthy environment. Birds consume thousands of insects, especially in the spring when they're feeding their young. Seed-eating birds such as finches and sparrows contribute to a healthy...
  5. C

Birds In The Garden – 5 Tips For Attracting Birds To Your Yard

To attract the greatest variety of birds to your yard, provide several different feeder types offering a variety of foods. You’ll find that some species are more likely to use one kind of feeder over another. Here are the main types: - Tray or Platform Feeders - Hopper or “House” Feeders -...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back