Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. T

What's the weather in your area? 2023 Edition

8 degrees at night, up to 14 degrees in the day and a mix of cloud, rain and sun. Typical Autumn conditions for Manchester UK but also good weather for overseeding my lawn
  2. T

5 Methods To Pet Proof Your Lawn

I and my customers have been trying a couple of things to avoid the all intruding dog pee on the lawn 🧐 - Train them from a young age Get a ‘pee-post’ at the side of the grass Water the pee down to dilute the nitrogen immediately afterwards (dog wee neutraliser) Give your dog a bit more water...
  3. T

7 Smart Tricks to Save Money When Watering

I'm in the process of trying to build a guttering system on my shed and connect a water butt so we can collect water then use it in and around the garden 👍
  4. T

Top 5 Companions For Roses

Thanks for this, we have a hydrangea in companion with our rose but I'm not sure if it's going to drown it out 🤔. Wormwood could be very useful for us too.
  5. T

How to Aerate Your Lawn

Out in the garden today for a bit of aeration. I find it a tough task o personally don't think you need to aerate the whole lawn in one go. Though It's definitely worth getting out every now and again to do some aerating and over the course of the year have aerated the whole lawn. Benefits in...
  6. T

Can you pour liquid seaweed mix over the plants

Hi, Can you pour liquid seaweed (after diluting with water) over the plants or does it need to go directly into the soil. I know you can pour it on lawns so assumed it would be okay. Also does it have any extra benefit from doing so. I'm using a liquid which is diluted 1:40 - so, 100ml to 4...
  7. After Lawn Renovation

After Lawn Renovation

8. Before Lawn Renovation

Before Lawn Renovation

9. T

How to start an organic garden from scratch?

Cornflour / corn meal / corn gluten can help suppress weeds / unwanted plants from growing. It doesn't kill weeds already established because it acts as a pre-emergent herbicide. But it could be worth a try as it's 100% organic.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back