Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. MorningGlory

Flower Identification! Help!

I need some help figuring out what this flower is. it popped up in my planter this year but I have never planted anything relatively close to it. Thanks to anyone who tries <3
  2. MorningGlory

Greenhouses for Mn

I'm really wanting to build a small greenhouse so I can garden year round(I know that probably sounds silly for mn). I love gardening, and I go crazy in the winter when I can't garden. How would I heat the greenhouse cheaply? It is often below zero.
  3. MorningGlory

Compost

Looking for composting container ideas! DIY is great since ready made ones are way to exspensive. I know many people just pile it on the ground, but I want it to be somewhat contained. Thanks ahead of time!:D
  4. MorningGlory

Mint and Basil

I am going to be growing basil and mint in pots this year, I'm wondering are only the leaves edible? If I dry them on the stems(like drying flowers) do I just use the leaves? Thanks:D
  5. MorningGlory

Indoor "Greenhouse"?

Living in minnesota means a short growing season. I don't have an actual greenhouse, so I start ALL my plants in my house in a window. They do all right, but I am wondering what ideas you can give me for keeping them warmer so they are healthier. The average temp in late winter/early spring...
  6. MorningGlory

Help with tree cutting?

I am wanting to take a cutting from a maple near my house, and I am wondering if anyone knows of anything that can be made at home to help with rooting? I know about the willow tree one, but are there any others? Thanks. P.S. The cutting would be for a pre-bonsai. :)
  7. MorningGlory

Mountain Ball Cactus Help

I am thinking about growing one of these. What size pot do you recommend? What type of fertilizer? Thanks!:)
  8. MorningGlory

My Pork Chop Recipe!

I thought I'd share my recipe for Roasted Tomato Pork Chops! Ingredients: 3-4 Roma tomatoes diced Desired amount of diced green bell pepper 1/2 tsp. thyme (dried) 1/4 tsp. rosemary (dried) 1/2 tsp. parsly (dried) 1/4 tsp. basil (dried) 4 thick pork chops BBQ sauce Warm a frying...
  9. MorningGlory

Mint

Any tips on how to keep indoor mint alive year round? I tried growing chocolate mint in a trough-style planter (about 5-6" deep, and about 10-13" long) but it only lasted about 4 months. Not sure what I did wrong. I watered it regularly (not waterlogging it), and placed it in a window that got...
  10. MorningGlory

Squirrel??

I live in the country, and we have alot of wild animals around our house. Back about 8 yrs. ago, We had squirrels all the time, getting into our bird houses, messing around our yard, eating our young lettus, you know, being squirrels!:rolleyes: Well, we have not seen any squirrels or had any...
  11. MorningGlory

Strawberries

I am wondering how to take cuttings from strawberry plants. Do I just cut the runner off? And then how do I put it into its own container? Thanks.:)
  12. MorningGlory

Cactus and succulents in zones 3/4?

Is it possible to grow them in MN? I would love them to be house plants, but in the winter, it gets rather chilly in the house, between 50's and 60's. Is it possible to grow them at those temps? Any tips if it is possible? Thanks!:D
  13. MorningGlory

Companion Planting

Hi everyone! I just signed up here, and here is my first question! It's about Marigolds as a companion in a veggie garden. I'm wondering what is the best type? I usually buy Burpee brand seeds, do they sell non-hybrid marigolds? Thanks!:D

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back