Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. gonepostal

Please pray for Randy

Hi guys---havn't been here for a while---and look what happens!! Randy---hope everything turns out ok with the "monitor". But whatever the results I know you will be fine!! "If God be for you, who(or what) can be against you??" Love you & am praying for you. Janet--So glad your news is...
  2. gonepostal

Finally made it back......

Wombat---so glad to see you back here!! Missed you!:D
  3. gonepostal

gives ya something to think about

LOL---good ones guys!!!!! Really like #15 Kya!!!:eek::D:D
  4. gonepostal

Decided to get a Christmas tree....

I love it!!!! No wonder we all get along so well---we're all a little warped!!;):D:D
  5. gonepostal

Christmas Fruit Cake

I love fruitcake--but dont like the fruit.:confused::eek: :D I made some a few years ago w/ nuts & dates--they turned out pretty good. I guess you can put anything you want in it. A few of them I "aged" in rum---that wasn't too bad either.
  6. gonepostal

let's talk Thanksgiving

:D:D Doin' good Bob! ;)
  7. gonepostal

let's talk Thanksgiving

A very dear friend of mine used to have a Thanksgiving dinner for anyone who was going to be alone on that day. He would get the bird ready & put it in the oven, then go hunting for the day. Some of us "girls" (LOL) would go in to camp later in the day & get the veggies ready & anything else we...
  8. gonepostal

Easy fun jello cake

Love the pics Curbz---gives me something to dream about. Oh ya--jello?? How about jello shots--same as jello shooters?;):D
  9. gonepostal

Recipes for Dor (spaghetti sauce & stewed tomatoes)

Another PS----when I puree the tomatoes I do skins & all. Once pureed & then cooked--you never know they're even there! And I do try to eliminate some of the seeds---but you never get them all!
  10. gonepostal

Your welcome Dor--just hope you can get something out of my hap-hazard recipe!:D BTW---the can of tomato juice I ended up adding(sauce needed more "tomato") was a big can--32oz.
  11. gonepostal

Kya----yea that's what I was thinking---made it easier canning too!;) Otherwise I guess I would have to use the pressure canner.:( Hate using that!
  12. gonepostal

Made Headway today

Good luck Kya! It's a lot of work! Just wish I had the "umph" (& the veggies) to can what I used to! Oh well!:rolleyes:
  13. gonepostal

Stewed tomatoes----- All I did was chunk up the tomatoes, put them all in a pot, not quite cover them with water & bring them to a boil. I "stewed" them for 15-20 min. then put them into jars and processed them. I used the "boiling water bath " method and processed them for 35 min.(pint...
  14. gonepostal

Recipes for Dor ( B&B Pickles)

Hi Dor--- Hope your Mom enjoys these----- Bread & Butter Pickles 16-20 med. cukes (this is a good way to use up cukes that have gotten too big) 10 sm. onions (or 5 big ones;)) 1/3 c canning salt Slice cukes & onions fairly thin (a mandolin is great for this if you have...
  15. gonepostal

Sweet, Chunk Pickle Recipe(s) Needed

LOL Crabber!;):D Just got done making B&B pickles---that's what I do with any cukes that are "too big". Delish!!
  16. gonepostal

Made Headway today

Well--right now I have a pot of Bread & Butter pickles going on the stove and a roaster full of spaghetti sauce simmering in the oven. So far all I've done is 9 pts. spaghetti sauce, 1 batch mild salsa, about 2 cases garlic & onion pickles, 2 cases cold mustard pickles,about 10 qts. stewed...
  17. gonepostal

What candies do you make?????

OK Late------finally found the recipe for the Butter Creams---- Butter Creams 1# conf. sugar 1/2c. butter (soft) 3T. cream Mix all together--- I usually divide into 3rds or 4ths to make different flavors. Plain buttercreams--1t. vanilla maple---maple flavoring'...
  18. gonepostal

EZ pickles

Flowers------a question-----what are the grape leaves for? And where do you get them?
  19. gonepostal

Saskatoon Jam

Yum----this sounds good! Have never heard of this kind of berry! Just got done making 4 batches of raspberry jelly & 2 batches of raspberry jam. Probably will be all I get this year as they are going by too fast! Everything is early this year.!:cool::confused:
  20. gonepostal

BBQ recipes?

You're a brave girl Crabber(the L word) LOL;):D This sounds like a great recipe--will try this! Thanks! Cuke salads sound good too-and easy-------I like easy!!!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back