Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. gonepostal

Recipes for Dor (spaghetti sauce & stewed tomatoes)

Stewed tomatoes----- All I did was chunk up the tomatoes, put them all in a pot, not quite cover them with water & bring them to a boil. I "stewed" them for 15-20 min. then put them into jars and processed them. I used the "boiling water bath " method and processed them for 35 min.(pint...
  2. gonepostal

Recipes for Dor ( B&B Pickles)

Hi Dor--- Hope your Mom enjoys these----- Bread & Butter Pickles 16-20 med. cukes (this is a good way to use up cukes that have gotten too big) 10 sm. onions (or 5 big ones;)) 1/3 c canning salt Slice cukes & onions fairly thin (a mandolin is great for this if you have...
  3. gonepostal

BBQ recipes?

How about some of your favorite BBQ recipes? What I consider the ol' tried & true potato salad here in "Patten, ME" will be totally different than what your "tried & trues" are. For instance--I grew up with potato salad being made out of "diced" potatoes. Never had one made out of mashed...
  4. gonepostal

Orange & Pineapple "salad"

1 container cottage cheese (16oz) w/ pineapple ( or add your own pineapple 1/2 container cool whip(sm) 1 can mandarin oranges(drained) 1(sm) box orange jello (sugar free) Sprinkle jello over the other stuff & mix all together. PS---I added a few chopped nuts
  5. gonepostal

Peas

Has anyone ever tried growing peas in a pot or hanging planter ? Waas thinking of doing a few that was-just to get enough snow peas for salads, but not sure if there would be enough soil in a hanging planter to sustain them. Any suggestions?
  6. gonepostal

A couple canning questions

1. Has anyone ever canned squash--if so-how did it turn out? 2. How long do canned( home canned) tomatoes last? I found about 6 quarts of tomatoes on the shelf that have '05 on them. There is no discoloration or "growth" of any kind. Will they still be ok to eat?
  7. gonepostal

Dried Cherries?

Has anyone ever made jam from dried cherries? I had a bag of dried chereries given to me and was wondering if I could just re-hydrate them and make some jam out of them? Anyone have any thoughts on this?:D
  8. gonepostal

Green Tomato Pickles

GREEN TOMATO PICKLES (aprox. 8 pints) Slice up--------- 4 qts green tomatoes 4 small onions 4 green peppers (or hot peppers) Sprinkle 1/2 to 3/4c pickling salt over this and let it sit overnight Next--drain well In a big pot---- 1qt cider vinegar 3c sugar (or...
  9. gonepostal

Hi guys----it's me again!!!

Hi everyone!! So glad to be here with all the old "favorites" ! :D:D Meant to check this place out when Whit mentioned it --but have been "busy" LOL and my "rememberer" aint what it used to be. So thanks Laurie for the Christmas card and reminding me to check out this site!!! Going to check...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com