Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. J

Hurricane Sandy

We got about 4 1/2 inches of rain, lots of wind, but kept our power. They closed the Volvo plant down at noon on Monday and remained closed for Tuesday, but all in all we made out ok compared to lots of people.
  2. J

Coping With Life's Changes

More big hugs being sent tonight...
  3. J

Many, many hugs to everyone.
  4. J

It would be awesome!
  5. J

Wanna come crabber?
  6. J

Oh Nancie, you are an amazing wife to go thru all of this and still offer encouragement to others. Keep it up girlie!
  7. J

I have a problem because my dear hubby is a great earner and a great spender. Good thing that one of us is under control, ha. But he is now a much more controlled spender. We are saving about 30% of his income into our retirement and in more stable ways, not high return safer. I think that...
  8. J

I am liking the idea of cooking for Meals on Wheels, so I have their number here and maybe they will take me on and I will be cooking with a lot of Mamas. That would be so awesome!
  9. J

Nancie, I am taking my time on this decision, because once I committ, I committ. That is just who I am. I gave a lot of thought to what you said, and I notice also that the topic has stopped dead after I gave my take on what is happening to me, so maybe it is best if I just keep my mouth shut...
  10. J

Maybe volunteering is the answer.
  11. J

All of this talk on coping has really gotten me thinking since the past 4 1/2 years for me have been all about change. I have had lots of positive changes since my hip replacement, my balance has returned, therefore driving is not an issue any more. But I became so sedentary during my down...
  12. J

My veggie garden

I have transplanted them with no problems, now that the rabbit can't get in to chew them off every day they are growing like crazy!
  13. J

Gardening For The Health of It

I have been such a spaz for a long time because my balance has been way off with my hip joint being in such bad shape. Amazing how much less spazy I am since everything is level now. When you are all out of balance it affects everything in your life. And now my sciatic pain is gone too...it...
  14. J

Happy Birthday Miss Crabber!

Many happy birthday wishes for you today Nancie!
  15. J

I wondered if you had any updates on him...been thinking about
  16. J

My veggie garden

I just saw another groundhog, dang, I thought we got rid of that problem! I like the blue lake pole beans too, that is what I have growing.
  17. J

My veggie garden

Curbster, I waited a month for the beans to grow because the danged bunny ate them every chance he could. I need to get some beans before frost! Now I am buying them because I love fresh beans. Sorry bunny, go somewhere else.
  18. J

My veggie garden

Our beans are finally growing now that we fenced them off from the bunny who found them delish! Now the bunny sits outside the fencing and looks in sadly...
  19. J

That reminds me to tell Bruce to dump the bird bath, they are ok now that we have had like 6 inches of rain this week. Don't need West Nile Virus, that is for sure.
  20. J

Please pray for Randy

Awesome, continued prayers for a speedy recovery for our dear Randy.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com