Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Yard_Bird

ID Please

My mom has this neat looking tree growing in a pot. She doesn't remember planting it and it grew up this high in just this year. Thinking about taking a cutting for myself, but no idea what this is.
  2. Yard_Bird

Hydrangea looking sad

Hiya, I got this hydrangea in either April or May. I had it planted out in full sun and it slowly shrank down to this size; it was a few inches larger and flowering when I bought it. I cut it back a little (maybe that was a mistake) and gave it some time and it's still not looking better. So...
  3. Yard_Bird

Transplanting Carrots

I know I could Google this, but I thought I'd get a little conversation going. Unfortunately, I started my Carrots (and Onions actually) indoors before realizing that certain things (like carrots and onions) should be sowed directly in the ground. So now I'm just curious, have any of you ever...
  4. Yard_Bird

Vote on my pond shape!

I am planning a mini pond in my backyard. The pictures are taken standing on my deck, that will be the main viewpoint. To the right of the shape/pond is my kitchen window which will be a morning viewpoint while I'm having breakfast/getting ready for work. I didn't cut the rope for these so...
  5. Yard_Bird

Fungi in my Garden

Hey, I was wondering if anyone would be able to ID this mushroom, and maybe shed a little light on fungi in the garden? I have read that it can be helpful to plants growing in poor soil, but that sometimes fungi can be harmful as well. I have sandy soil in the area where it's growing if that...
  6. Yard_Bird

Propagating a Redbud

Hiya, I was wondering if anyone had experience propagating from cuttings of an Eastern Redbud? I'd really like to give it a try but I'm not sure what time of year I would do it, or even if it would work? I've seen several YouTube videos on hardwood cuttings but nothing specifically related to...
  7. Yard_Bird

Tree ID Please

I bought this house in October and this beautiful tree out front is starting to bloom. I'd love to know what it is, so thanks in advance!
  8. Yard_Bird

Hi from South Carolina!

Hello! Just bought my first house in October and can't wait to start my own veggie garden. I used to have one with the folks I lived with previously, but it will be nice to set this one up exactly the way I want! Happy to be here and learn all I can from you knowledgable gardeners!

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com