Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Annette99

New trade list

All of the seeds are from my 2009 gardens, the ones marked DG/GF are trades I got from Daves Garden or Gf members. The prarie moon and gardens north seeds are new seeds I ordered for this year that have more seeds than I can use. I will trade pack for pack or for postage. Prefer bubble wrapped...
  2. Annette99

Any one ever tried GA3 for seed germination

Gardens North sells this product, fairly cheap I think. Gibberellic acid for germinating seeds. It is supposed to trigger germination in seeds that would otherwise remain dormant. It promotes growth and elongation of plant cells. I ordered some, will let you know.
  3. Annette99

Seeds for trade

Am always looking for new seeds and will exchange pack for pack, All of my seeds were harvested this summer from my gardens. seed packs average 25-30 seeds. I have: angelica archangel centranthus ragged robin white foxglove dianthus deep purple jacobs ladder columbine songbird and ruby...
  4. Annette99

Quick fix for tall perennials

After almost 30 years of gardening I finally figured out what to do with my tall perennials that would have a stem or two that would fall over, forever I would try to fence them together or tie them up and It dawned on me one day a couple of years ago to just cut off the drooping ones near the...
  5. Annette99

Any advise on tall bellflowers

I figured out what my unidentfied babies were. Campanula Americana. Tall Bellflower. Has anyone had these.? I understand they are biennial, like shade, will they grow in the sun? Any advise would be helpful. The seeds came from Prarie Moon.
  6. Annette99

Trees in my Yard

A few of the trees in my yard are more than 150 years old, The gray trunk is a beech and the other is a maple. I planted sedum around the roots of the maple. Thats my golden, Zack in the pictures.
  7. Annette99

Baby bunnies

Last Saturday my fiance discovered baby bunnys in one of my gardens, each of my gardens are fenced due to kids and dogs. I have lived here for 25 years and never had bunnies, I put a chair over their hole, as we are having a good rain tonite, have been feeding them grated carrots, which they...
  8. Annette99

Help me identify this baby perennial, Please!

These babies were started about 3 or 4 months ago and I lost track of who they are. Any guesses of what kind of perennial this is? Thanks Annette
  9. Annette99

Fastest way to start a garden

Got this from fine gardening. Buy garden soil in large bags. Make slits in the back of the bags for drainage. Place the bags where you want your garden to be. Cut rectangular hole in the top of the bag, leaving a few inches around the edges. Plant your seeds or plants in the bags, mulch all...
  10. Annette99

What is your Favorite cheese cake recipe?

Almond Cheesecake crust 6 tbsp. melted butter 1/4 cup sugar 1 1/4 crushed vanilla wafers 3/4 cup finely chopped slivered almonds Filling 4 eggs separated 1 1/4 cups sugar 1 1/2 tsp pure almond extract 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract 4 8 oz packages cream cheese softened Topping 1 cup...
  11. Annette99

Mothers Rhubarb Punch

My Mother made this for every special occasion while I was growing up in Minnesota 3 cups diced rhubarb, 2 cups of water cook or simmer for 20 minutes, strain through sieve add 1 1/2 cups sugar, stir until completely dissolved. Chill then add 3/4 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup lemon juice and 6...
  12. Annette99

Shipping plants

I will have alot of baby perennials in a couple of months to exchange, I usually pot them into 4 or 5 inch pots before putting them out, wonder what the best way to package them for shipping them will be? Thanks in advance.
  13. Annette99

Help the mice are eating my seeds

I have a mouse problem,don't really want to use poison or traps of any kind, the little buggers are invading my seed starting area and eating the seeds right out of the containers they are supposed to sprout in. off the propagation mats. Digging up newly planted seedlings and chewing off...
  14. Annette99

Hello from the Hudson Valley NY

I am thrilled to have found you and see so many friends from gh. Can't wait to meet everyone else. Annette aka Datura from gh

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back