Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. G

Peach Spots

I have 3 peach trees: Golden Jubilee, Elberta and Hale Haven. The later two have peaches the size of golf balls. Also they appear to have black dots on them. Is this another fungus or mold ?
  2. G

Dormant Oil Spray

Could anyone recommend some Dormant Oil Spray. Horticultural oil spray that will not affect my honeybees and will last awhile ?
  3. G

Mystery Fruit Cocktail Trees

I've got 2 of these trees and the only bud grafts remaining are: 1st tree has only a plum leaf and bears smaller purple with a hint of green plums. The 2nd tree is primarily a plum, which I think it resembles a Methley plum (purple stone free skin) and the other remaining branch is definitely...
  4. G

Hall's Hardy not budded out yet

I've read all the reviews on Willis Orchard Co. and after I've ordered some trees in the past from them, most of it dies within the first year. Earlier this year I called to complain about my order not surviving and one tree was supposed to be an American Filbert. Turns out it was a rootless...
  5. G

Unusual Pear tree fruit growth

Just my luck, I think I've gotten two more trees from Arbor Day that were not what they described. One was supposed to be a Bartlett and the other an Orient Pear tree. Both flowered pretty good this year and some have fruit except that the fruit is pea sized. Most other pear trees are...
  6. G

Weird Leaf Fungus ?

I have a Hale-Haven Peach tree with funny looking leaves. Just bubbly looking and no content of any kind. See the picture....What is it ?
  7. G

Lemon Thyme seeds ?

I've looked everywhere for Lemon Thyme seeds and found nothing. Do they exist or am I chasing a "Clippings" ghost ? If so, where do you get them ?
  8. G

Lemon Tree Seeds

My Dwarf Lemon tree just produced a "Fist" sized lemon. Quite tasty I might say too. I'm saving the seeds to dry them out. Will they work is another question ?
  9. G

Next Years Garden Seedlings

Anyone know a good place to get seedling trays & pots for garden vegetables that doesn't affect the pocketbook much ?
  10. G

What kind of Pear is this ?

A mature lady friend down the street has 3 pear trees. One is definitely a Bartlett, the 2nd has green with a pinkish-red blush on one side, and finally the third is a yellow with brown patches. The 2nd and 3rd ripen October-November. The 2nd tree I believe to be either a Kieffer or...
  11. G

Pomegranate issues

For some reason my dwarf Pomegranate bush flowers quite a bit but still no fruit. I've had it outside all summer and fertilized it frequently. The plant itself grows good, however don't see any bees trying to pollinate it. I've tried to self pollinate the male/female type flowers with little...
  12. G

Citrus trees

I have 3 citrus trees (dwarf) that have struggled ever since I got them. Recently I re-potted them in a composted cow manure/peat mix. The leaves are still yellowish green and growth is sluggish. I'll fertilize them every 3 weeks in summer (placed outdoors) with 10-10-10 or such. Do these...
  13. G

Banana tree not producing

For the past 4 years, I've had two Musa Banana dwarf trees indoors. This year I finally decided to throw both of them outside for the summer. One tree was 8' tall and the other was 6'. They grow pretty quick, however, do not produce anything yet. A week ago, I cut both of them down to the...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back