Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. G

Tell us how you save money!!!

My wife jokes at my style of shopping as I tend to go right in and purchase what I intended to buy and leave, never stopping to look at anything else. However, I save lots of money this way as I don't buy what I don't need. Also, when it rains I set out buckets to catch the water so I can use...
  2. G

My favorite book

Interesting Book Recently, while stopping by our local bookstore, I happened upon a book on the sale table called "Trees National Champions" by photographer Barbara Bosworth. Although not technically a garden book, it would be of interest to gardeners who love trees. The book depicts champion...
  3. G

Things People Do To Their Cats!!!

Wow! I am speechless, but not surprised. Now I know what to get my wife for Christmas! I can have her cats painted! :) Now, do they do dogs? GR
  4. G

Wanted info about planting by the moon

Planting by the Moon-December 2009-Blue Moon Laurie, I don't know much about planting by the moon but I have heard people talk about it throughout my life. I do know though, for those folks who plant by the moon, December 31 will be our second full moon of the month. When this happens it is...
  5. G

Lawn Watering Tips

Hot Summer-
  6. G

I think Im killing Rosemary!

Rosemary Living in Texas, Rosemary does really well. I have two plants growing in pots on our patio. When the weather gets cold I keep them under the porch roofing so they won't get frost. I love them in pots as I can always brush up against them for their wonderful aroma! I also use them...
  7. G

Flower or weed?

Jimsonweed Jimsonweed is also known as Thorn Apple or Stinkweed. As others had said, it is a very poisonous plant. The plant has alkaloids hyoscyamine, and atropine and was used in medicene under the name stramonium. The plants flower in the evening and are visited by hawkmoths, which are...
  8. G

Hummingbirds

Winter Hummers I keep my hummingbird feeder up throughout the winter here in Texas. Although they don't get much use, once in a while, one will show up to feed. So, just in case one of the rarer ones do show up, my feeder will be ready for them! GR
  9. G

What's the best way to get Acorns to Sprout?

Live oaks will spread by their root systems too. If you notice a grove of live oaks, they probably are all of the same parent tree. I enjoy photographing trees and have many tree portraits on my website. I have a nice live oak in my front yard and a cedar ash in my backyard. And, my live oak...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com