Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. S

Garden snail--care tips, what type of dirt to use as substrate?

Now I have lots of snails but I recommend taking time and just collecting snails, which is what I do. I like big snails but still have tiny ones too!! I keep them separete from the big ones in different boxes. Artificial Grass Installation
  2. S

Best gardening books you've used?

Faking It Grass is widely regarded as the best artificial grass suppliers. The offers an extensive variety in colors, shapes, sizes and textures while sticking with the best quality material available. Pricing varies according to the size and color but is very reasonable. “A solid guarantee of...
  3. S

Carnivorous Container Garden

Carnivorous plants have very sensitive roots and should never be fertilized. artificial grass Coventry
  4. S

Is this a flower?

Love looking at everyone's gardens. Here are several pics from my spring flowers. Garden Services Coventry
  5. S

Garden Lighting Ideas

I have a garden shed, which is tucked in between a wall of the house on one side and a tall fence on the other. This means that, even though there's a window, it's very dark inside and I'd like to install some lighting. Artificial Grass Installers
  6. S

2 lawn fertilizer questions

I'm trying to time my spreading of the fertilizer right before the next rainfall. Artificial Grass Installers If I spread it one day, and it does'nt rain for two days, will the fertilizer be less effective because I did'nt water it in right away?
  7. S

Lawn Watering Tips

Nature usually provides enough water through rainfall for grass to grow strong. However, there are times when rainfall needs to be supplemented, such as with newly planted lawns or extended periods of heat and drought. If you choose to water, wait until the lawn becomes dull green in color and...
  8. S

Cleanup before new lawn

I was looking at getting a Shindaiwa power broom to speed up the cleanup process of thatching and aerating. Has anyone used this tool before? Does it really save that much time vs. raking? What about a Billy Goat lawn vac? Would that get filled too quickly, or is there any way of running a...
  9. S

Moss in my lawn.

If you've been raking the moss away and applying moss killer when you are more than half way there. You just need to add the constant aeration of the lawn with a fork and consider whether its worth buying/hiring a really good scarifier. They enjoy excellence in artificial grass installation at a...
  10. S

our new container garden

Container gardening is similar to regular gardening in that with good soil, you get good plants. Garden Services Coventry
  11. S

manure for your garden

That's the primary manure used by me in recent years and usually applied fresh. If in an established garden with already decent fertility, rate of application for pure manure would be 1 gallon per 10 square feet. If new or fallow ground, double it. The mission is to continue to be the best...
  12. S

our new container garden

For many who are challenged with space and lifestyle,container gardening for flowers, shrubs, vegetables and herbs provides the perfect platform to get the creative juices flowing.I have seen many of you post about growing plants in containers, so I hope to try the same. Artificial Grass suppliers
  13. S

Recycle Garden

I tried recycling water from the wash. You can only recycle the final rinse. The soap will build up on the soil and eventually form a waterproof scum coating that the plants cannot really live in. It is best to recyle water from your lavatory to flush your toilet and catch the water from the...
  14. S

reel lawn mowers

We have a Scott's reel mower that doesn't work on our lawn. I don't know what kind of grass it is, but it is very thick and dense, especially in the front yard. We also have some fairly steep slopes. My husband has a coworker who uses a Brill reel mower and loves it, so we borrowed it and it...
  15. S

Moss in my lawn.

Luckily, grass doesn't grow out of itself. It needs other grass to spread, or you can plant grass seeds, which you can buy from the Dryad, whcih you can get by.
  16. S

Grass wont grow!!

thanks everyone ive been at it and its working. thanks alot.
  17. S

reel lawn mowers

You know the advantages of reel lawn mowers. They start every time. They’re much quieter than gas-powered mowers, so quiet that you can mow early Sunday morning without waking the neighbors. They’re fuel-free unless you count those bowls of cereal or that power your engine. They don’t degrade...
  18. S

pond cleaning is tough

If you're going to attempt clean-out with your dozer you'll have to get rid of the water. A small excavator would work well to dig a sump in one end and pump the water out. Once you get rid of water and let dry out a bit you should be able to start working the dirt out. Hopefully there is good...
  19. S

Lawn Weed N Feed

Is it possible to get a great looking lawn if I have about 60% weeds. I applied 'Scots Bonus S for Southern Gardens' once last spring and once about a month ago. It rained a lot this past summer. I still have about 30 to 100% weed depending on the area. Should I apply those plugs that I see at...
  20. S

Shade Garden Design

Different plants require different degrees of shade ranging from dense shade to dappled or partial shade. You need to study and understand what kind of light you have to achieve the optimum conditions for what you want to grow.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back