Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. P

Vitamins for your Plants

I don't feel a ban is the correct action to take. I think moving the posting to new topic would of been more helpful. I also feel postings could be placed under moderation and viewed before posting.
  2. P

Vitamins for your Plants

Bob, myself I don't feel members shouldn't be removed because of what they believe in or whats works for them. I do understand this can open a new can of worms, but so be it. Maybe a new topic for discussion would be helpful.
  3. P

Topsy Turvy

I tried it a few years ago, a no go for me.
  4. P

Blueberries

Well the snow melted , and the blueberry plants are alive, nice green branches. I hope I have some fresh berries this year. A fresh pie sure would be nice.
  5. P

Baby bunnies

I found rabbits a big problem in gardening, they act like rat's and like eating most anything green, mostly new growth. Not willing to shoot them or trap them. We finally had a red fox move in, no more rabbits.
  6. P

Lotus seed

This is a very interesting post. Myself I never gave it a thought that they produced seeds, or even looked for them. You can bet that this year I will look for them. I hope you keep us updated, and thanks for the posting.
  7. P

Waterlily

It arrived today. Looks pretty root bound. I loosened some of the bottom roots and placed it in a larger container in the greenhouse until the pond warms. The container is a larger than what it arrived in and is 10-12 deep.
  8. P

Waterlily

I ordered a Barbara Dobbins Waterlily for the pond, Would anyone have any tips or suggestions.
  9. P

avacodos

lynpenny To bad about your pineapple. I found giving many plants and container tree's bottom heat a big help in the cooler times. A good fast flowing soil mix also helps.
  10. P

Coffea Arabica

Crabbergirl. I see your listed area as West Tocoi , Florida. What all do you grow ?.
  11. P

Coffea Arabica

I ordered the tree a few years ago, It was 2 years old when I ordered it. I figure it's 4-5 years old now. The white flowers don't last long 4-5 days. I also have a Theobroma cacao (chocolate tree) about 3 feet tall, this was started from seed. I found this tree pretty easy to grow, but not as...
  12. P

Coffea Arabica

swindy Its beginning to flower for the first time.
  13. P

Coffea Arabica

I have one that's about 5 years old and been growing indoors for the past 3 years using a 3 gallon container. They make a very pretty house plant, having deep green leaves. Anyone growing coffee? I found them very easy to grow.
  14. P

Coolest catalog?

latebloomer. I'm in the same boat with the fever. Yesterday I bought 2 fresh pineapples, twisted the tops off for growing. This morning I sliced one up just for the seeds, thought I'd try them again, also potted up some hot peppers. Garden Watchdog http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/ is a...
  15. P

Cottage Farms

I did a check on daves garden fourms for reviews. Hope this helps. http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/1737/
  16. P

Growing Grapes for Seed.

Has anyone tried growing grapes from seed. I was able to get some cold hardy grape seeds to germinate using the baggie method, I replaned them in a soil mix and have them growing in the greenhouse.
  17. P

Earth Box

Well the 2 earth boxes arrived by UPS. So I guess I'll try growing some Sugar Baby Watermelons. Growing Watermelons at the end of Feb. in zone 4 should be interesting. But after re potting many indoor plants it should be fun. After having and viewing this item, I like Blueaussi posting in...
  18. P

Growing dahlias from seeds

Kale I live in zone 4. And I'm just getting started in flowers this year. I have a small heated greenhouse. I mainly grow citrus in containers, some are in the greenhouse some are in the house. For some reason I feel attracted to Dahlias the flowers are so pretty and colorful.
  19. P

Blueberries

GardenBear1 I planted 2 plants last year. Don't recall the name. Blueberries like an acid base soil. This is what I did with the hope of keeping the soil acidified and more contained for the plants. I used a 55 gal drum removing both ends and cutting it in half. digging a hole large...
  20. P

Lemon Tree Seeds

I suggest keeping the seeds moist and not dying them out. Fresh seeds can be keep in your refrigerator crisper. for up to 3 months. Clean seeds before storing. If you wish to plant seeds, soak in warm water 12-24 hours an the plant seeds that sink to the bottom. Do not let them dry out.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com