Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. tonya

Various pretties

GORGEOUS PICTURES!!!Thanx for the postings melissa, i am drooling over your astilbe...mine might be that pretty next year, they are only a year old now...please keep those pictures coming, i can't wait to see your coneflowers!
  2. tonya

More Doggie Pictures

Dear SL, Sam is just a mutt dog we rescued 5 years ago, mark thinks he has samoyed and chow in him, he has the black spots on his tongue, i dunno, he's just my sweetie and keeps me company in the yard,thank you for the compliment, i'll post more pix as we start resurrecting our gardens, he's not...
  3. tonya

More Doggie Pictures

Sam&Earl Pickle are pooped... Sam and Earl are taking a little rest after cleaning up the patio...those hard working guys!
  4. tonya

My first Rose of Sharon (Hibiscus Syriacus)

These are my first two blooms of my rose of sharons...i have 5 and can't remember which colors are which, i will mark them this year! They seem to be blooming early this year i usually don't get to see them until after the 4th of july...BONUS!!!
  5. tonya

Lilies and Hollyhocks

astilbe gorgeous astilbe maggie i wish mine were that pretty...they are one year old this year and are supposed to be white, pink, red and lavender, so far it looks like only the pink&lavender made it but i have my fingers crossed....
  6. tonya

Day Lily

more on those daylilies unfortunately those poor daylilies are still out there on that plastic...i did cut a few off to take to my mom-in-law but never made it back to these..i think they're gonna bloom on that blooming plastic!!!the other pix are "Catherine Woodburys" that are growing in soil:)
  7. tonya

My first Daylily blooms for 2010

my daylilies I only have 5 daylilies right now but they are prolific and i get to divide them every year and move them to different spots, here are two of them:the small burgundy fellow is "Jiminy Cricket" his taller cousin with the white lines on his petals is "Indigo Moon", i hope you like them:)
  8. tonya

Circles

CIRCLES-OOOs A round trip home is kind of a circle....and even if it was a rectangle...i definitely was turning that round steering wheel back around>>><<<<<:):):)
  9. tonya

Vitamins for your Plants

here here thanx bob, maybe mr greenthumbs had a nip or two of his own product thereby fertilizing his temper...how rude!!!!please keep the thread i can't speak for others but i know there is a lot about plant propagation that i need to learn and hope to find useful info here...thank you guys!
  10. tonya

What is this plant? Can anyone help me?

[/ATTACH]pretty crape myrtle jaxon! i'm afraid i committed "crape murder" yesterday..ours is "Catawba" i selected it purposely b/c it is supposed to be a medium sized tree- 10'-20' and i adore the lavender/purple flowers...my husb decided it was shading the veggie plot too much so he went...
  11. tonya

Raised Beds

mark erected the 8' posts for me yesterday...he is going to drill through the top of them and insert pressure treated dowel rods (i didn't even know they existed!??!) so i can hang baskets with tumbling toms cherry tomatoes...will send more pix when things start greening:rolleyes::rolleyes:
  12. tonya

Circles

circlesOOOagain here's a butterfly in a circle in a circle for you miss curbie...the native honeysuckle insisted on creeping through the privacy fence and mark got tired of hacking it sooo...i bought a trellis, let the hs come on over, covered it with compost and am trying to train it up the...
  13. tonya

Circles

circles-O and a smile is nothing but half a circle...half to give and half to keep all to yourself...:):):)i say share a half today:):)
  14. tonya

Show your Garden from start to finish(Spring to Fall)

new beds i know i posted my veggie plot picture on another thread somewhere buuutt....mark helped me prune my crape mrytle today...i will post more pictures later when everything gets going..:):)
  15. tonya

"Lookit!!! I gots culers"

pink daffodils dear jade and bluewolf, i don't think this are BCA daffs, i would have bought some of them if i could, i think these are named "mon cheri" but they do have pink centers and they are so sweet...i hope you like them...:):):)
  16. tonya

About the Sunflower Cafe

Help i know this is a forum for gardeners and i am a gardener. but i also smoke cigarettes...and i need a little help....this is not a prayer request, it's a plea from a gardener to other gardeners. there is truly is a tobacco mosaic virus that i can give to my tomatoes if i can't figure out a...
  17. tonya

I planted........

tilling miss goria, you have waaayyy more gardening room than i have....i hope you have seen the pix of my little 12'X12' veggie plot....i don't rototill b/c we filled the plot with compost...and a little peat moss for water retension...3 parts compost to 1 part pm....i try my best not to walk...
  18. tonya

Dejavu Where are you???

Welcome to the gf!!! welcome to the GF...i am a beginner too...these folks are soooo nice, if you have a question about gardening there is someone here that can help you! and if you need a little comic relief there's someone here for that too...kick your shoes off, get comfy and enjoy learning...
  19. tonya

Show your Garden from start to finish(Spring to Fall)

new flower beds ok miss swindy i'll jump... the bed with the daffodils was created 4 years ago,i had mark dump the lawn clippings there and i added my kitchen scraps for 2 years, in march '08 i planted catherine woodbury day lilies(notice black plastic in bottom photo),assorted color...
  20. tonya

Circles

circles-O dear curbie were you watching the ceiling fan when you were thinking about circles???:)i like the idea of life being a circle...the ashes to ashes thing...what comes around goes around???this is like bad elevator music...everything i see reminds me of a circle now...thanx curbie...:)...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com