Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. B

growing common sage (salvia officinalis)

hey you guys, im in like zone 9 or 10 and i want to grow sage...when would be the best month closest to now to grow it? should i grow it now? or do i have to wait until next spring?
  2. B

common sage, garden sage help

Found it!!! ok you guys, i found out which type of sage i saw...i also saw it in front of home deppot....its salvia leucantha or mexican bush sage
  3. B

can you guys post pictures of your common sage please can you guys please post pics of your sage...most notably the top and bottom of a leaf...and also maybe the stem...thanks
  4. B

hello everyone, i found a plant that look so much like common sage and i almost ate it; however, when i smelled grounded cooking sage, i noticed it smelled completely different than the plant i was about to eat...the sage i found had green color on top of the leaf and a whitish color on the...
  5. B

help me find this plant

where you from what country are you in? it is indeed a beautiful plant with its silvery look.
  6. B

help me find this plant

hi everyone...ive been looking for this plant called wormwood in my area.. http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&safe=off&q=wormwood&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1065&bih=536 supposedly it grows in mediterranean type areas and santa barbara california is pretty much a...
  7. B

need help regrowing

one more thing, does burdock have a look alike? im using its prickly flowers and giant leaves as a basis for identification, and so far i havent seen any look alikes
  8. B

need help regrowing

thank you so from what your saying, the seed will not always look like a seed? and this is why i cannot find them sometimes? im actually going to start off slow by trying to hunt for a few plants that i already know for sure, such as dandelion and stinging nettles, i can prick myself with...
  9. B

need help regrowing

hi you guys, i need help in general....im going to do some survival training long term and i pretty much wanted to know the general rules of growing food ...for example, i know dandelions, salsify and arrow balsamroot are all edible lookalikes that are pretty easy to find in the wild...what i...
  10. B

farm size

hey you guys....i wanted to know relatively how much square feet of garden would be enough to sustain one person...what i mean is...if you were to put a person down on a piece of land of a certain size and tell him he can grow whatever he wanted, but can only eat what he grew, would he survive...
  11. B

wish me luck

going to start planting my first plants ever.....eggplant thai chiles and serrano peppers from seed.... also, does anyone know where to get a good cheap thermometer......everytime ive seen a thermometer, they always seem to have some problem...like one would have to shake them or put them...
  12. B

vegetables to grow soon

thank you. this chart is really helpful
  13. B

vegetables to grow soon

does anyone know a list of vegetables that i can grow from seed from mid april to the beginning of may? this is the best time i have to grow stuff but im not sure what to grow.....i like vegetables and would like some advice. i am in zone 9 right on the border of zone 10 santa...
  14. B

growing cuttings

thanks, im thinking maybe rosemary because i've heard the seeds are difficult to start
  15. B

growing cuttings

hi all...ive never tried growing from cuttings and know little about the subject.......i was wondering if it is as simple as just cutting a branch off a plant and putting it in the soil or is there more to it? is there a certain plant part that must be cut?
  16. B

storebought peppers

thanks hey thanks for the advice....a bit daring eating those hot habaneros.....i actually want the leaves more than the peppers....theres a recipe id like to cook but no one sells pepper leaves.
  17. B

storebought peppers

hi everyone, i was wondering if it is possible to grow store bought peppers? has anyone done it successfully? i don't really care much about quality, so long as they are spicy and almost close to what the store was selling or better; will i get some decent peppers? i was thinking serrano and...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back