Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. R

Great Seed Starting Idea

egg shell flowerpots Using egg shells to start seeds in is ingenious. Thanks for the idea. :) I save all the flats and individual pots when I purchase flowers and use them for seedlings. Sometimes I plant seeds directly into my windowboxes or garden but they grow more randomly. I like the...
  2. R

Don't Plant Yourself, Make Planters Instead

a dead tree as a planter When my lovely pink dogwood tree died and fell over, I used most of it for a planter and put in lots of hens and chicks, primrose and columbine. That way it always stayed beautiful in my mind's eye. ;) Rose White, author of "Easy Gardens A to Z"
  3. R

Helpful websites

Edible flowers What an incredible site for Edible Flowers. Thanks Dizzy Daff! :) Rose White, author of "Easy Gardens A to Z"
  4. R

Using Lighting for Drama

solar lights in the garden Thanks for the link on solar lighting, GardenBear! :D Rose White, author of "Easy Gardens A to Z"
  5. R

My newest flower bed

stuffing a scarecrow When I made a scarecrow out of my stepson's small clothes, I stuffed it with hay and it worked well. :) Rose White, author of "Easy Gardens A to Z"
  6. R

Gardening & Entertaining

wedding parties Be sure to have little packages of bird seed and not rice for the wedding guests to toss at the bride and groom as the rice is dangerous for our fine feathered friends. Rose White, author of "Easy Gardens A to Z" :eek:
  7. R

easy watering system

Just wanted to share how easy it is to water my African violets by using the wick method. First, I soaked the plant and then threaded a piece of yarn up thru the hole in the bottom of the flowerpot into the soil. Then I placed the other end of the yarn into a container of water sitting down in...
  8. R

Flowers in your gardens

2 very different gardens My summer woodland garden has about 50 hostas lining the long driveway and honeysuckle is finally growing near my cabin. The rhodedendrons are growing beautifully but strangely enough the one blooms only every other year! I put in all the evergreen bushes I can find...
  9. R

Blood flower (Asclepias curassavica)

gorgeous flowers for your butterfly garden :) The wildflowers are so beautiful and must look incredible with the butterflies visiting your garden. Thanks for the links. :) Rose White, author of "Easy Gardens A to Z"
  10. R

Are There Gotta Have Annuals?

coleus in the shade I love to raise coleus in my windowboxes in the woods. They are so colorful and the tiny blooms at the end of the season are sweet. Our county fair gave a blue ribbon to someone who grew several 3' coleus in a large pot. What an incredible sight! Rose White...
  11. R

Are There Gotta Have Annuals?

cleome or ET plant I loved cleomes from the first time I saw them. I could not find out the name so I used to call them ET plants. They looked like ET, with a purple head on a tall spine. I save seeds whenever I see them, especially when they have pink or white blooms. Some years they...
  12. R

Mt. Vision Garden Center visit for me...

store throwing away plants I remember the time I saw flats and flats of spindly impatiens which the store was throwing out because new ones arrived. They gave them to me for free and all they needed was pinching back to fill my huge garden. I also look for blooming bulbs which are past...
  13. R

What are your 5 favorite flowers?

My 5 favorites for my woodland garden are: variegated hostas daylilies impatiens dusty miller violets The garden I had before I moved to the mountains was in Philadelpia and my favorites there were: roses honeysuckle hostas star gazer lilies daffodils Rose White, author of "Easy...
  14. R

Zinnia

beautiful zinnias I just bought a package of zinnia seeds in Turkey and will plant them in the PA mountains in June. Wish me luck! :) Rose White, author of "Easy Gardens A to Z"
  15. R

New guy needs help

colorful zinnias also look great I think you would enjoy zinnias as they are so colorful. Also, you might want some beautiful evergreen bushes which come in many shapes and colors. They will provide colorful interest after other flowering bushes finish blooming in your area.

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back