Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. J

Little update

This morning the seedlings were added to the bed. The peppers never even started.... I dumped out the soil from the peat pots, a complete no go... not sure why. most everything seems to be happy to be in the soil. I beleive I killed the cucumbers. I only planted 5 of 10 hills that I...
  2. J

blame Ron

Ron asked for the next question, so this is all his fault :D I have heard varied opinions on organic vs. non-organic (is there something else you call it?) gardening? Is there a major difference in taste, chemical composition, etc of the veggies? what is the difference in between method...
  3. J

Germination

This thread is kind of a response to Bob's tread about getting on topic, and kind of because its advice that I could definitely use. Do you germinate your seeds or plant them in the dirt where you plan on having them grow? Any suggestion on a good plant light? (I am using a ott-lite...
  4. J

Topsy Turvy

Are they worth using for tomatoes? any hints if you like them? Can they be made from a 5 gal bucket? Thanks for input! James
  5. J

New... New... New... Everything

This year is going to be my first attempt at gardening. Due to some back and knee issues I am going with a raised bed. I have enough scrap lumber to build a bed about 4ft x 3.5ft. the side walls are going to be made from 2x6s so I know I will be limited on what I can plant. I live in eastern NC...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

Back