Search results

GardenForums.com a friendly and growing community of gardeners. We feature a Garden Discussion Forum and Garden Photo Gallery. It's a fun and friendly place to talk with other gardeners, ask questions, share you knowledge, view and post photos and more! Whether you're a master gardener, or brand new to the hobby, you'll find something of interest here.

1. Dublinah

Come and Grow A Rose With Me

my roses Ah roses...they are my favorites. I had to do some soil amending as mine was very rocky and clay-like. After adding compost & various other aids, I got the pH level where it needed to be and planted the following: Double Delight hybrid tea John F. Kennedy hybrid tea Memorial Day...
  2. Dublinah

What do roses need to be healthy?

~good soil ~epsom salt ~organic fertilizer, I'm a fan of Bradfield Organics Rose Natural Fertilizer. ~slow root watering: a soaker hose works well. ~pruning when needed. I'm a fan of Bradfield Organics Rose Natural Fertilizer. Good luck! :cool:
  3. Dublinah

Various pretties

so pretty, looks like your pup is also a fan =)
  4. Dublinah

almost at the end of May...

...enjoy :cool:
  5. Dublinah

...more...
  6. Dublinah

A mix of things...lavender, lemon balm.... :cool:
  7. Dublinah

Something is eating my rose leaves!

not moon shaped, just numerous holes ....booo! I cant tell whats eating them though I did pull off a small green caterpillar from my shrub rose... its disheartening!
  8. Dublinah

Something is eating my rose leaves!

My 4th of July rose leaves have numerous holes in them already! grrrrrr, what can I do, any "bug off" spray that will get rid of whatever is turning my rose into salad? Can't believe they are being munched on already! They haven't even flowered yet!
  9. Dublinah

Ugh! Already....?!

My 4th of July rose leaves have numerous holes in them already! grrrrrr, what can I do, any "bug off" spray that will get rid of whatever is turning my rose into salad? Can't believe they are being munched on already! They haven't even flowered yet! :mad:
  10. Dublinah

My new little flower garden

So very pretty, nice work! Happy to see a radio flyer in there also, I'd be lost without mine...holds soil bags, birdseed, tools, pots, gloves, weeds....you name it!
  11. Dublinah

First rose of 2010

gorgeous... mine are budding like crazy, any day now.......
  12. Dublinah

The latest "Whatsit"

Zinnia or ConeFlower maybe?
  13. Dublinah

got a lot done this weekend

Over my weekend, I planted 2 blackberry bushes; (Chester thornless), may have fruit as early as July :), got some white & purple mixed allysum planted in corner planters on the deck; I just love how it smells, I put in some lavender seeds, some sweet & lime basil seeds, some cat grass seeds...
  14. Dublinah

First flower of 10

...road trip to Spider Lilys, who's comin'?! ...gonna pitch a tent in the garden and surround mysell with all these beautiful flowers!
  15. Dublinah

a good companion flower

thank you all for your replies, suggestions, etc... I did not realize, but should have, that Lowes buys most plants from the south, that would explain it. To be honest, hubby and I have had consistent bad luck with purchases from them, you would think that I would learn my lesson. The...
  16. Dublinah

a good companion flower

No worries, I thought it was a perennial too; I bought it in the perennial section at Lowes, but after researching it further I doscovered it isn't hardy in my zone. I should have done my research beforehand, clearly! I pulled the whole thing up & tossed it in the compost heap...those roots...
  17. Dublinah

a good companion flower

I created a bed in the front of my house last spring in which I planted 4 hybrid teas, 1 floribunda and 1 climber around the side. I have some salvia in there as well, I just love the rich purple color; I planted lantana last summer but it did not survive the winter. There is also a...
  18. Dublinah

My Roses 2010

Nice. Like the soft filter you added :cool:
  19. Dublinah

shedding my roses winter protection

Eventually, I'll find my way back down south but for the time being, New England it is. I am fond of the seasons here, though winter some years, can last a bit longer than one would like. :cool:
  20. Dublinah

JFK rose

~I could'nt resist...it was whispering as I tried to walk by, "buy me, plant me, buy me, plant me...." I caved, it came in a handy cardboard box, (those smart Jackson and Perkins folks) that eliminates the huge hole I'd have to dig if it were bareroot. (we shall see if it really works, jury...

Gardenforums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com